"T.N.T." is a single released in 1976 by the hard rock band AC/DC, taken from their Australian album T.N.T. and the international version of High Voltage. The song was written by Bon Scott, Angus Young and Malcolm Young. It peaked at No.11 on the Australian Kent Music Report Singles Chart.
A slightly modified line from the song, "Lock up your daughters", was used as the title of AC/DC's first headlining tour of Great Britain in 1976 after the band's move from Melbourne, Australia, to London, earlier that year. "T.N.T." later appeared on Live and the Live: 2 CD Collector's Edition, with Brian Johnson providing vocals.
In the media
- The song was played in commercials for Napoleon Dynamite.
- The song appears on the soundtrack to the game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.
- After the September 11 attacks, the song was included on a widely circulated Clear Channel employee's list of potentially upsetting songs.
- The song appears in the Christmas episode of That '70s Show.
- The song is used by several sports teams, including the San Francisco Giants, the Ottawa Senators, the Cleveland Indians, the San Jose SaberCats, the Fremantle Dockers, the Wisconsin Badgers, Los Angeles Kings, the Portland Winterhawks, and the Prince George Cougars.
- The song was used as ring entry music by British professional wrestler Mark "Rollerball" Rocco (Mark Hussey) on non-televised shows for All Star Promotions in the 1980s and early 1990s. A current wrestler for this same promotion, Robbie "The Body" Dynamite (Rob Berzins) has also been using this as his ring entry music since the early 2000s.
- The song was played in the movies Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby and Shiner.
- Vancouver radio station "Classic Rock 101" created a song parody titled "PNE", to reflect on the exhibition's fair event.
- The song is used by the Atlanta Braves when Peter Moylan (like the band, an Australian) comes into the game to pitch, and is also the entrance music of Baltimore Orioles catcher Taylor Teagarden.
- American death metal band Six Feet Under recorded a cover version of the song for their album Graveyard Classics.
- The song has been used in several promotions of the American channel TNT in the mid 1990s and also for their NASCAR Summer Series since 2010.
- This song is featured in the AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack.
- Kid Rock alludes to part of the song's lyrics, "I'm T.N.T., I'm dynamite", in the song "Welcome 2 the Party (Ode 2 the Old School)" from the album Devil Without a Cause.
- Bob Rivers wrote a parody called "CNN", which is about a person who is addicted to the news network. This version also contains pieces of lyrics from the original song.
The Anthrax cover of this song was released on their 2013 covers EP Anthems. The song premiered online on February 22, 2013 prior to the albums release on March 19, 2013.