|Launched||7 December 2010|
|Owned by||Al-Hijrah Media Corporation|
|Slogan||Segalanya Bermula Di Sini|
|Analogue||Channel 55 (UHF) (Klang Valley, Selangor and Ipoh)|
|Astro||Channel 115 (HD) (Coming Soon)
Channel 114 (SD)
|NJOI||Channel 115 (HD) (Coming Soon)
Channel 114 (SD)
|ABNXcess (Malaysia)||Channel 105|
|HyppTV||Channel 114 (HD)|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 14 (HD) (Coming Soon)|
TV Al-Hijrah is a state-owned free-to-air television network in Malaysia, which is owned and operated by Al Hijrah Media Corporation, a government owned company. It broadcasts from its headquarters in Islamic Centre, Kuala Lumpur. It was officially launched it started began broadcasting nationwide on 7 December 2010 as TV AlHijrah is known as the first free-to-air HD television station in Malaysia. TV AlHijrah broadcasts for 18 hours in daily from 06:00 until 00:00. It utilises HDTV technology and also Broadcasting on Singtel TV Customers in Singapore Channel 14 in HD will be Coming Soon.
TV AlHijrah currently broadcasts via UHF (Ultra High Frequency), which located on various frequency across Malaysia. TV AlHijrah is also available on Astro on channel 114 (SDTV format) it was officially launched and began broadcasting nationwide on 1 June 2011 and UniFi on channel 114 (HDTV format) originally as a SDTV only feed but was later changed to the HDTV version of the channel. The channel's broadcast on UniFi is started on 28 March 2012 and on Singtel TV Customers in Singapore Channel 14 (HD) Wil be Coming Soon.
For a short time on 2011, some of its programmes that were made in HDTV except live programmes and news were cropped into 14:9 aspect ratio. Sometimes this was incorrectly cropped when it broadcasts a 4:3 aspect ratio programme. This was later permanently corrected to 4:3 after that period.
Malaysia's population is 60% Muslim. Even though Astro satellite television have their own Islamic TV channel called Astro Oasis, most Muslims do not have access to the channel due to Astro Oasis being on pay TV and not free-to-air. Therefore, the free-to-air Islamic TV channel has been suggested by Tun Abdullah (Ex PM) in conjunction with the announcement of his Islam Hadhari agenda.
TV AlHijrah started plans for television transmission since 1 July 2010 based in Kuala Lumpur was officially began constructions after 4 months of completed at television stations between form 1 July until 31 October 2010.
TV AlHijrah was launched by the Prime Minister of Malaysia's Dato' Sri Haji Mohammad Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak and Jamil Khir Baharom appointed as Minister in Prime Minister Department (Islamic Affairs) on 7 December 2010 at 19:00 it was officially launched grand oepened inaugurated new operated renovated completed it started began broadcasting operated in the Klang Valley (the broadcasting area surrounding Kuala Lumpur for parliament prime minister place at Malaysian Houses of Parliament form into collabate at form opened at written pen formal head master hand sign commonwealth information services based in Kuala Lumpur live television broadcasting at news bulletin actual coverage journal telegram report direct information affairs broadcasting network segment breaking news update durated events successful televisions house form studios broadcasting stage center. It named the first Malaysian television company that have been inaugurated by the Prime Minister of Malaysia himself, It was broadcast at 12:00 on Monday to Thursday running at 12 hours and 07:00 on Friday to Sunday running at 17 hours, while transmission ends at 00:00 daily. TV AlHijrah is operated by Al Hijrah Media Corporation, Malaysia government owned company under Department of Islamic Affairs of Malaysia (JAKIM) under Jamil Khir control. It would broadcast at 24-hours in daily during Ramadhan to give way for live Tarawih prayer from Makkah and religious program before Fajr prayer.
For the time being, TV AlHijrah only can be watch in certain area of Malaysia and Singapore The broadcast area as state, satellite TV and IPTV below:
- Alor Setar (UHF 32) (559.25 MHz)
- Klang Valley, Selangor and parts of Perak, Negeri Sembilan and Pahang (UHF 55) (743.25 MHz)
- Ipoh (UHF 55) (743.25 MHz)
- Kuala Terengganu (UHF 41) (631.25 MHz)
- Kuantan (UHF 22) (479.25 MHz)
- Mersing and parts of Pahang, Kota Tinggi and Segamat (UHF 40) (623.25 MHz)
- Kuching (UHF 37) (599.25 MHz)
- Kota Kinabalu (UHF 37) (599.25 MHz)
- Kota Bharu (UHF 48) (687.25MHz)
- Astro (Channel 115) (HD) (Coming Soon) (Channel 114) (SD)
- NJOI (Channel 115) (HD) (Coming Soon) (Channel 114) (SD)
- HyppTV (Channel 114) (HD)
- Singtel TV (Channel 14) (HD) (Coming Soon)
Watch Live TV Alhijrah Channel Through Internet Streaming
- TV Alhijrah VOD http://alhijrahmedia.com/tvalhijrahonline/)
- Due to Geo-Block issues, content only can be viewed from within Malaysia Territory
- Official Site of TV AlHijrah (Malay)
- Makkah Live
- Official Video On Demand of TV AlHijrah (Malaysia & International Content)
- "TV Al Hijrah to promote new medium in Islamic propagation". The Star (English)
- "TV AL HIJRAH ON ASTRO CHANNEL 114 STARTING JUNE 1". Yahoo! News Malaysia (English)
- "Malaysia launches new Islamic TV channel". Al Arabiya Net (English)