Map of Maguindanao showing the location of Talayan
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|• Mayor||Tungkang A. Midtimbang|
|• Total||143.84 km2 (55.54 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (290/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Talayan, Maguindanao|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Datu Udzag Midtimbang was the first Mayor of the town, followed by a younger brother Datu Antao, and now Datu Ali. With these leaders, Talayan now and then remains as a place for everybody. Many projects now serve the public like concrete roads and lights in every home. A new public market is now being constructed under the leadership of Mayor Hadji Datu Ali.
Talayan is politically subdivided into 15 barangays.
- Binangga North
- Binangga South
- Tambunan I
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System