|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Amanda Seyfried article.|
|Amanda Seyfried has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 References added
- 2 Photo
- 3 Seyfried's religion?
- 4 YouTube links
- 5 Alpha Dog
- 6 Filmography and television
- 7 Picture
- 8 GA Review
- 9 Suggestion
- 10 Music
- 11 Name pronounced: "uh-MAN-duh CY-fred"
- 12 Damage left in situ
- 13 Relationship timeline?
- 14 Name pronunciation is sigh-fred, not sigh-frid.
- 15 Cropped photo
- 16 Did Seyfried worked on the new 2015 upcoming film with Darylgolden and Pratyya Ghosh?
I have added references to many of the facts cited.18.104.22.168 21:27, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
Who the hell cares if she has partial German ancestory. Shes a mutt. Shes American period. It doesnt make her a ethnic person it makes her a mixed one. So I do not get people who post such garbage. No wonder Wikipedia is a horrible resource for any thing. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:52, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
Maybe we take another picture, because there are better one´s!
Fordham U. is well known for its Jesuit / RC leanings and student body. Does anyone know whether one of these describes Ms. Seyfried's religious persuasion? Kasreyn 18:24, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
- Maybe, but maybe not. There are many non-Catholics who have went to Fordham (Lara Jill Miller, Jonathan Harris, Karina Smirnoff - Jewish; Denzel Washington - Protestant minister's son, others, I'm sure) Rito Revolto 06:56, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
- She's not Jewish (or Catholic). Her father's family are Pennsylvania Dutch and Lutheran, and her mother's family are of German, Scottish, and English descent, and are also Protestant. All Hallow's Wraith (talk) 06:32, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
This article is one of thousands on Wikipedia that have a link to YouTube in it. Based on the External links policy, most of these should probably be removed. I'm putting this message here, on this talk page, to request the regular editors take a look at the link and make sure it doesn't violate policy. In short: 1. 99% of the time YouTube should not be used as a source. 2. We must not link to material that violates someones copyright. If you are not sure if the link on this article should be removed, feel free to ask me on my talk page and I'll review it personally. Thanks. ---J.S (t|c) 04:31, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- Your knowledge of grammar is not great. In the UK and probably other English-speaking countries, families and businesses are treated as multiples not as singular entities. Here is what I mean. We would say Bill HAS opened a new store but Bill and Mary HAVE opened a new store. HAS vs. HAVE. Right? Okay, well in the US we would say Sears HAS opened a new store. Treating the business as a singular entity. But in the UK they would say Sears HAVE opened a new store. Because they treat the business as though a multiple entity. Thus, her father's family ARE is just as correct as her father's family is. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Filmteknik (talk • contribs) 03:13, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
The movie was completed in 2006 not 2007. It was only released on 2007 but it was shown in 2006 at the Sundance Festival. Should'nt it say 2006 under Alpha Dog? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 00:13, 24 January 2007 (UTC).
I agree. It should be palced under 2006 instead of 2007.12.72.38.10 22:54, 31 January 2007 (UTC)oneshyguy46
Filmography and television
I think that Filmography and Television should be split as I've seen some television shows stuck in the film section and it looks wrong. Any thoughts? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:46, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
I also think and strongly suggest that you return back the previous format of her filmography and the awards and nominations she had received, because I believe these are informative materials for the readers. If you would check Channing Tatum's wikipedia page, I think it's more organize with useful source of information or biography. Thanks! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:15, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I thought the same thing... Odd that it's been the same for so long. Non-English pages use a far better image, so maybe English should use the same. It seems to fit the Creative Commons requirements.
I suggest that you return back the previous format of her filmography and the awards and nominations she had received, because I believe these are informative materials for the readers. If you would check Channing Tatum's wikipedia page, I think it's more organize with useful source of information or biography. Thanks! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:11, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
I suggest you update her profile. There are lots of news and things happening to her right now. Like the success of Dear John, and her huge publicity that she makes like the two Vanity Fair issues, the Glamour issue, etc. I would also like to know more about her achievements during her childhood or high school year before she became famous. Like I red an article where she performed Grease in Broadway, she speaks french, and a tennis varsity player. This is all quoted by her in her interviews. I have all the links, if you would let me, I'll give it to you. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 09:56, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
- moved here from the GA review, which is archived and should not be edited. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 10:05, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
- I have a suggestion, why don't YOU update her profile instead of asking others to do it? Organize it yourself. Add the links, yourself. If you want to know more about her, read more about her and then post it here with the appropriate links. If you have "red" (sic) all this about her and gathered the links then edit the article yourself. I have another suggestion, sign up with Wikipedia and stop posting anonymously. Thanks! Supertheman (talk) 21:54, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
Maybe we should also include a section for songs she released like her cover of the Sam The Sham And The Pharaohs classic song "L'il Red Riding Hood and her song "Little House"? Thewisesophie (talk) 22:20, 15 March 2011 (UTC)
Name pronounced: "uh-MAN-duh CY-fred"
Here is a sourced pronunciation in case any regular editor here wants to match it to Wikipedia:Pronunciation_respelling_key. Source: People (magazine), April 11, 2011, page 32, Time, Inc., "Say What??: Scoop's handy pronunciation guide to today's tricky celebrity names." Amanda Seyfried's name is written as "un-MAN-duh CY-fred." 5Q5 (talk) 15:09, 11 April 2011 (UTC)
Damage left in situ
"She began dating Ryan Phillippe after they both attended Kate Hudson's Halloween party in 2011; they broke up and reconciled before ending their relationship in May 2011."
- I was about to post suggesting the same correction. This needs to be corrected! 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:41, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
Name pronunciation is sigh-fred, not sigh-frid.
- I take it she has not the slightest clue about German. The German pronunciation is best approximated by SIGH-freed. In this video, she explains that her sister pronounces it that way, but she herself pronounces it SIGH-fred. Clearly the interviewer has no clue either because if he had, he'd have pointed out that what's weird is her own pronunciation, not her sister's. Perhaps she thinks because friend is pronounced frend, fried is pronounced fred. But the smart (and actually kinda obvious) thing to do would have been to simply do your research to find out who's right, you or your sister. --Florian Blaschke (talk) 03:22, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
Can someone please change that awful close up photo that is midway down the page. That image was formerly the header image, but has since been moved. I will attempt to change it, but I have not had much luck yet with editing with images. — Preceding unsigned comment added by R.M. 221 (talk • contribs) 03:15, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Did Seyfried worked on the new 2015 upcoming film with Darylgolden and Pratyya Ghosh?
Well Seyfried didn't worked on the films with Darylgolden and Pratyya Ghosh signing on San Diego Comic-Con International to become superstars of Hollywood and work with actresses but Darylgolden signed the upcoming untitled television series with unknown year are you sure? --126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:18, 1 May 2015 (UTC) The 182 guy
- No, I did not work with Seyfield. In fact, I didn't know who she was until you pinged me here. Please tell me what led you to this conclusion as I have never edited this article, nor the San Diego Comic-con article, and have never interacted with you before. Thanks, Darylgolden(talk) Ping when replying 14:40, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
- Well I don't know who Seyfried is (in fact I needed to Google the word to learn more) and as I recall I've never ever edited this article, also I have not edited that San Diego Comic-Con International article. SO I think there's no reason to ping me. And to answer your question, I have NOT worked with Seyfried. Now I couldn't understand what you exactly mean by your last comment. But to me it looks like you are just trying to make fun. So I don't have anything to reply. --Pratyya (Hello!) 15:16, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
Pratyya please marry Seyfried and she will have a spouse I don't know Seyfried does not know about you at least there is Darylgolden becoming the supermodel and Joel McHale does not work without her Pratyya got married Seyfried! 100 barnstars earning. --188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:23, 1 May 2015 (UTC) The 182 guy