|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
Thakurmunda is a city and a municipality in Mayurbhanj district in the state of Odisha, India. Thakurmunda is a place to stay and tour the Mayurbhanj region. This region is home to Similipal, one of the most important wildlife parks of India. The national park comprises lush valleys, forest lands and scores of ancient temples.
Udaa yatra is one of the main attractions of Thakurmunda. Thakurmunda also hosts the third most popular Rath Yatra of Mayurbhanj. Thakurmunda is also the home of the Mayurbhanj Chaangu dance, an ancient tribal dance and famous for its Tusu yatra on Makar Sankranthi.
Thakurmunda is located at  It has an average elevation of 36 metres (118 feet)..
- C-Tech Computer Education, Thakurmunda, mob- 8895202404
- Maa Basuli College
- Kanyashram ( The Girl's Highschool)
- Boy's High school
- Kasturaba Gandhi Vidyalaya
- Government Primary, M.E School
- Aurovindo public school
- Saraswati public School
- Heritage English Medium School
Thakurmunda has direct bus services from capital city Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Baripada, Keonjhar, Balasore, Rourkela, Bhadrak, Jajpur.
1. BHIMAKUND is the nearest tourist place(around 18 km) from Thakurmunda.
2. KHICHING(Maa Kichakeswari Temple) 63 km from Thakurmunda.
|This article about a location in Mayurbhanj district, Odisha, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|