The B. Coming
|The B. Coming|
|Studio album by Beanie Sigel|
|Released||March 29, 2005|
|Genre||East Coast Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap|
|Label||Dame Dash/Def Jam|
|Producer||The Neptunes, Heavy D, Buckwild, DJ Scratch, Just Blaze, Bink!, D. Dot, Ty Fyffe, Boola, Chad Hamilton, Aqua, Ruggedness, Neckbones|
|Beanie Sigel chronology|
The B. Coming is the third studio album by rapper Beanie Sigel, released by Dame Dash Music Group on March 29, 2005. The album contains 15 songs. Special guests include Freeway, Redman, Snoop Dogg, Bun B, Jay-Z, Cam'ron, and others. The album was completed before Beanie had to serve jail time in 2004.
|Los Angeles Times|||
- Pitchfork (8.5 out of 10) - "Only two things matter here: the production, which is masterful, and Beanie himself, a virtuoso of lonely, bitter desperation. "
- Entertainment Weekly [15 Apr 2005, p. 78] (83% out of 100%)-Finds him at his most vulnerable—and his best.
- Stylus Magazine (B+) - "One of the strongest albums of 2005, Beanie Sigel stands among the greatest of the Roc-A-Fella catalogue with technical ability and an emotional severity worth experiencing."
- New Musical Express [23 Apr 2005, p. 51](NME)- "As defiant as ever."
- All Music Guide - "Those looking for a direct story of how Beanie earned three years in the clink will be somewhat disappointed, but these chunks of insight into the man's turmoil -- and the couple party tunes that go with them - add up to one hell of an album."
- Top 50 albums of 2005 by pitchfork media: number 32.
- The song "Feel it in the Air" was listed as the 349th best song of the 2000s by Pitchfork Media.
|1.||"Feel It In the Air" (featuring Melissa Jiménez)||Heavy D||4:05|
|2.||"I Can't Go On This Way" (featuring Freeway and Young Chris)||Aqua||5:02|
|3.||"One Shot Deal" (featuring Redman)||Bink!||4:05|
|4.||"Gotta Have It" (featuring Peedi Crakk and Twista)||Chad Hamilton||3:28|
|5.||"Don't Stop" (featuring Snoop Dogg)||The Neptunes||3:31|
|6.||"Purple Rain" (featuring Bun B)||DJ Scratch||5:16|
|7.||"Oh Daddy" (featuring Young Chris)||Boola||4:32|
|8.||"Change" (featuring Melissa Jay and Rell)||Ty Fyffe||4:35|
|9.||"Bread & Butter" (featuring Grand Puba and Sadat X)||Just Blaze||5:39|
|10.||"Lord Have Mercy"||Ruggedness||4:20|
|11.||"Flatline" (featuring Peedi Crakk)||Boola||3:02|
|12.||"Tales of a Hustler, Pt. 2" (featuring Oschino and Omillio Sparks)||Boola||4:18|
|13.||"Look At Me Now" (featuring Rell)||Buckwild||4:01|
|14.||"It's On" (featuring Jay-Z)||D. Dot||5:03|
|15.||"Wanted (On the Run)" (featuring Cam'ron)||Da Neckbones||4:27|
Feel It In The Air
- "Whole Lotta Something Goin On” by Raphael Ravenscroft
I Can’t Go On This Way
- "Love Me, Love Me or Leave Me, Leave Me” by Gloria Scott
Gotta Have It
- "That’s What’s Wrong With Me” by Rose Royce
- "In The Rain" by The Dramatics
- "Oh Daddy" by Natalie Cole
- "My First Love" by Rene and Angela
Bread & Butter
- "Proud Of You" by Johnny "Guitar" Watson
- "Poor Abbey Walsh" by Marvin Gaye
Look At Me Now
- "Come On Down (To Get Your Head Out of the Clouds)" by George "Chocolate" Perry
- "Questions" by Carrie Lucas
Wanted (On The Run)
- "Wanted Dead Or Alive" by Bon Jovi
Album chart positions
|Billboard 200||Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums|
|2005||The B. Coming||3||1|
Singles chart positions
|Billboard Hot 100||Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks||Hot Rap Singles|
|2004||"Gotta Have It"||-||82||-|
|"Feel It in the Air"||-||55||-|
- David Jeffries. "The B. Coming". Allmusic. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Entertainment Weekly review
- HipHopDX review
- Los Angeles Times review
- Pitchfork Media review
- RapReviews review
- Rolling Stone review
- Stylus review
- URB review
- Vibe review
- Breihan, Tom (2005-04-12). "Beanie Sigel: The B.Coming | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Beanie Sigel - The B-Coming - Review". Stylus Magazine. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Staff, Pitchfork (2005-12-31). "Staff Lists: Top 50 Albums of 2005 | Features". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2012-01-15.