The City School (Pakistan)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|The City School|
I am to learn
|Average class size||Preschool till A Levels|
The City School (abbreviated as TCS) is one of the private English medium school systems in Pakistan which operates more than 190 schools in 51 cities across Pakistan. It offers preschool, primary education, secondary education and preparation for local SSC and the international GCE. Most of its students opt to take the international GCE O and AS/A Level examinations organized by the CIE of UCLES. It also has established international projects in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Philippines and Malaysia. The City School and its subsidiaries are usually attended by the children of the most influential, elitist, and affluent families of Pakistan. It is one of the oldest and well reputed private schools in Pakistan.
The head office of The City School is located in Lahore, administering the system through four main regional offices: Southern Regional Office (SRO), which caters to Sindh (only Karachi) and Balochistan; Central Regional Office (CRO) Lahore, which oversees 80% of Southern Punjab; Northern Regional Office (NRO), which looks after the rest of Northern Pakistan; and Mehran Regional Office (MRO), which caters to interior Sindh (Sukkur, Khairpur, Larkana and Hyderabad).
|Class 9 (O Levels) 9 M (Matric)||13+|
|Class 10 (O Levels) 10 M (Matric)||14+|
|Class 11 (O Levels)||15+|
|A-1 (A Levels)||16+|
|A-2 (A Levels)||17+|
Preschool: (Boys) White shirt with gray shorts and white shoes with straps.
(Girls) white kameez with white shalwar and black shoes with straps.
Grade 1-5: (Boys) White shirt with gray pants and black shoes.
(Girls) White kameez with white shalwar with a sash and black shoes.
Grade 6-A2: (Boys) White Shirt with gray pants and black shoes.
(Girls) White kameez with white shalwar and maroon dupatta with black shoes.
Preschool: (Boys) White shirt with gray pants and white shoes with straps.Sweater required with an elastic tie.
(Girls) White shalwar kameez and black shoes with straps.Sweater required.
Grade 1-5: (Boys) White full sleeves shirt with gray pants and tie and black shoes with laces.Sweater is also required with tie.
(Girls) White shalwar kameez with a sash and black shoes with straps.Sweater required.
Grade 6-A2: (Boys) White full sleeves shirt with gray pants,tie and black shoes with laces.School blazer with monogram or sweater required.
(Girls) White kameez with white shalwar and maroon dupatta with black shoes.School blazer with monogram or sweater required.
Campuses or Branches
- Jinnah Campus is a coeducational branch located at 201 Sehrish Nagar, Qasimabad. Classes are available from Playgroup to GCE O Levels.
- Liaquat Campus is a coeducational branch located at 506 Kohsar Housing Scheme Phase V. It provides education from Playgroup to Class 11, including GCE O Levels.
The City School Campus, Peshawar Road,Rawalpindi
Chenab Campus is located in East Canal Road, Faisalabad. The branch offers education from Playgroup to A Levels.
- Peoples Colony Branch is located at House No.146-B, Chen-One Road, Peoples Colony No.1, Faisalabad Phone No.0092418547563. The branch offers education from Playgroup to Class 4.
- Nursery Branch Civil Lines is located in Civil Lines Bilal near Sitara Tower, Faisalabad which offers education from Playgroup to grade 6.
- PECHS A Level Branch is located at near Ferozabad Police Station, one of the most famous branch located at safe place teachers are shared with PAF Chapter. contact 021-34380006. for Class AS & AII
- PECHS Boys Campus is located at Tipu Sultan Road, Mohammad Ali Society, PECHS (Beside Hill Park), O, Level Qasam Sei Best Branch h, Piece Bara Tait h
- Darakhshan Campus is located in Kayabane-e-Bukhari, Defence Housing Authority. Girls and boys are segregated from Class 7. It also prepares students for GCE O Levels.
- Gulshan Campus A (GC) is a boys branch located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal. It has facilities including a large play ground, library, computer laboratories and a sports room.It offers education from grade 6 till grade 11(O-Levels)
- Gulshan Campus B is located at PB 4,Block B N.C.E.C.H.S Block 10-A Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi.It is a co-educational campus and offers education from grade 3 to grade 6.There are enough facilities like a large playground,computer lab and a library.
- Gulshan Junior Girls (GJG) is located at E-65,Block-7,Gulshan-e-Iqbal,Karachi.It offers education to young girls of grade 6 and 7.
- Gulshan Prep Girls (GPG) is located at E-61, Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal.It offers education to girls of 8 grade and prepares them for their O-Levels.The branch is well equipped.
- Gulshan Senior Girls Campus (GSG) is located at E-62, Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal .The branch is well furnished, has a large playground, science, computer and Home Economics laboratories and a library.It caters young girls of O-Levels (grade 9,10 and 11).
- Gulshan A Level Campus: Is a branch for students who opt for A Levels. It is sufficiently furnished has seminar rooms, a library, a gym, a cafeteria and common rooms for both girls and boys. There are reports that this branch is in the process of relocating to a larger building in the near future.It is located at E-21/22, Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
- Other branches in Gulshan Netqork Gulshan Junior A, Gulshan Junior B,Gulshan Junior C,Gulshan Junior D,Gulshan Junior E and Gulshan Junior F.
- PAF Chapter is located in Pakistan Air Force (PAF) property of Karachi. It is a co-educational campus occupying two acres and accommodating over 3500 students. The classes are available from Playgroup to A Levels. Facilities include a swimming pool with bleachers, a playing field with volleyball courts, multi-storey cafeteria, science and IT laboratories, art and music rooms, libraries and common rooms. With a student population of about 3,000, it is the largest private school in Pakistan. In 2004, scholarships were introduced for A Level students. The PAF Chapter is located on Shaheed-e-Millat, a busy thoroughfare. Traffic jams frequently occur during the morning and afternoon rush hours. After several requests from the school management to the mayor of Karachi, CDGK an overhead bridge has now been constructed to ease the traffic flow.
The branch has a sports teams for cricket, soccer, athletics, netball, basketball and volleyball. These teams take part in competitions, and often win trophies. The school has clubs and societies that students are encouraged to join, such as arts, debates, dramatics, environment, film and photography, journalism, music, science and social services.
- Senior Girls North Nazimabad: This branch is located in North Nazimabad opposite to the Senior Boys campus. It has Class 9 to 11.
- Gulberg Girls Junior Campus was located at 66 Block B-III, Gulberg III. It offered education from Class 3 to 5. It was closed down in 2011 and the students were shifted to either Shalimar Campus or Gulberg Girls Campus.
- Shalimar Campus is a boys branch located at 32 Industrial Area, Gurumangat Road, Gulberg III. It offers education from Class 6 to 9, including GCE O Levels.
- Gulberg Girls Campus is a girls branch located at 73 Block B-I, Gulberg III. It offers education from Class 6 to 11 including GCE O Levels.
- Iqbal Town Campus is a coeducational branch located at 143 Rachna Block, Allama Iqbal Town. It offers education from Playgroup to Class 2.
- Main Gulberg Campus is a coeducational branch located at 37 Block B, Main Gulberg. It offers education from Playgroup to Class II.
- Model Town Junior Campus is a coeducational branch located at 12 Block B Model Town. It offers education from Playgroup to Grade IV.
- Model Town Campus is a coeducational branch located at 202 Block M, Model Town. It offers education from Playgroup to Class 11, including GCE O Levels.
- Muslim Town Campus is a coeducational branch located at 100 Block A, New Muslim Town. It offers education from Playgroup to Class 8.
- Ravi Campus is a coeducational branch located at 303/304 Block H-III, Johar Town. It offers education from Playgroup to A Levels, including GCE O, AS and A Levels.
- Township Campus is a coeducational branch located at Peco Road Township. It offers education from Playgroup to Class 2.
Preschool and Class 1-4
Class 9-11 (O Level)
Class A-1 and A-2 (AS/A Level)
There are four houses in the school system namely: Red, Yellow, Green and Blue. Activities and competitions, such as football matches or basketball matches, are conducted house wise to help develop unity and discipline. There are two house captains in every house to lead them.
The motto for each house is:
- Red: I am to strive
- Yellow: I am to serve
- Green: I am to lead
- Blue: I am to persevere
The fee at The City School starts from PKR20,200/- for 2 months and increases with the level of class. The fee structure, however, is different for The City School PAF Chapter. The fee is higher than the other branches due to the wide range of state-of-the-art facilities available at the campus.
- The City School. http://thecityschool.edu.pk/about-the-city-school-pakistan/ http://thecityschool.edu.pk/about-the-city-school-pakistan/. Retrieved 22 August 2014. Missing or empty
-  The City School Overview
-  The City School Class levels
-  The City School Facilities
- Letter to the editor
- DAWN newspaper Inter School Table Tennis
- World Wildlife Fund Green Gold Club Member Schools