The City School (Pakistan)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|The City School|
I am to learn
|Average class size||Pre-School till A Levels|
|Color(s)||Maroon, Scarlet, White And Grey
The City School (abbreviated as TCS) is one of the largest private English medium school systems in Pakistan which operates more than 150 schools in 42 cities across Pakistan. It offers preschool, primary education, secondary education and preparation for local SSC and the international GCE. Most of its students opt to take the international GCE O and AS/A Level examinations organized by the CIE of UCLES. It also has established international projects in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Philippines and Malaysia. The City School and its subsidiaries are usually attended by the children of the most influential, elitist, and affluent families of Pakistan. It is one of the oldest and most well reputed private school in Pakistan.
The head office of The City School is located in Lahore, administering the system through four main regional offices: Southern Regional Office (SRO), which caters to Sindh (only Karachi) and Balochistan; Central Regional Office (CRO) Lahore, which oversees 80% of Southern Punjab; Northern Regional Office (NRO), which looks after the rest of Northern Pakistan; and Mehran Regional Office (MRO), which caters to interior Sindh (Sukkur, Larkana and Hyderabad).
|Grade I||Junior I||5+|
|Grade II||Junior II||6+|
|Grade III||Junior III||7+|
|Grade IV||Junior IV||8+|
|Grade V||Junior V||9+|
|Grade VI||Junior VI||10+|
|Grade VII||Prep I||11+|
|Grade VIII||Prep II||13
|Grade IX||Prep III||13+|
|Grade X||O Level I||14+|
|Grade XI||O Level II||15+|
|Grade XII||A Level I||16+|
|Grade XIII||A Level II||17+|
- Capital Campus Islamabad is a co-educational branch located in Islamabad.
Preschool:(Boys)White shirt with grey pants and white shoes.(Girls)white shirt with grey skirt
and black shoes with straps.
Grade 1-5 (Boys)White shirt with black pants and white shoes.(Girls)White shirt with grey skirt and balck shoe
Preschool:(Boys)White shirt with black pants and white shoes.(Girls)White shalwar Kameez and black shoes with straps.
Grade 1-5 (Boys)White Shirt with black pants and tie and black shoes with laces.(Girls)White shalwar Kameez with a sash and black shoes with straps.
- Jinnah campus is a co-educational branch located in 201 Sehrish Nagar, Qasimabad. Classes are available from play group to GCE O Levels.
- Liaquat campus is a co-educational branch located in 506 Kohsar Housing Scheme Phase V. It provides education from play group to grade XI including GCE O Levels.
The City School campus, Peshawar Road,Rawalpindi
- Chenab campus is located in East Canal Road, Faisalabad. The branch offers education from Play Group to A level.
- Peoples Colony Branch is located at House No.146-B, Chen-One Road, Peoples Colony No.1, Faisalabad Phone No.0092418547563. The branch offers education from Play Group to Junior-IV
- Nursery Branch Civil Lines is located in Civil Lines Bilal near Sitara Tower, Faisalabad which offers education from Play Group to Junior-VI
- Darakhshan campus is located in Kayabane-e-Bukhari, Defence Housing Authority. Girls and boys are segregated from the 7th grade. It also prepares students for GCE O Levels.
- Gulshan campus is a boys branch located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal. It has facilities including a large play ground, library, computer laboratories and a sports room.
- Gulshan senior girls campus is located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 7 Near Madina Masjid and it caters to young girls. The branch is adequately furnished, has a large playground, science, computer and Home Economics laboratories and library.
- Gulshan Alevels: Is a branch for students who opt for A'levels. It is sufficiently furnished has seminar rooms, a library, a gym, a cafeteria and common rooms for both girls and boys. There are reports that this branch is in the process of relocating to a larger building in the near future.
- PAF chapter is located in Pakistan Air Force (PAF) property of Karachi. It is a co-educational campus occupying two acres and accommodating over 3500 students. The classes are available from Play Group through to A levels. Facilities include a swimming pool with bleachers, a playing field with volleyball courts, multi story cafeteria, science and IT laboratories, art and music rooms, libraries and common rooms with numeroud more. With a student population of about 3,000 it is the largest private school in Pakistan. In 2004, scholarships were introduced for A Level students. The PAF Chapter is located on Shaheed-e-Millat, a busy thoroughfare. Traffic jams frequently occur during the morning and afternoon rush hours. The school management has been requesting the CDGK to construct an overhead bridge to ease traffic flow. The bridge has now been constructed. The branch has sports teams for cricket, soccer, athletics, netball, basketball and volleyball. These teams take part in competitions, and often win trophies. The school has clubs and societies that students are encouraged to join, such as arts, debates, dramatics, environment, film and photography, journalism, music, science and social services.
- Senior Girls North Nazimabad: This branch is located in North Nazimabad opposite to the Senior Boys campus. It has Prep IIIs, Senior Is and Senior IIs classes.
- Gulberg Girls Junior Campus was a branch located at 66 Block B-III, Gulberg III. It offered education from grade III to V. Since 2011, it has been removed, the students being shifted to either the Shalimar Campus, or the Gulberg Girls Campus.
- Shalimar Campus is a boys branch located in 32 Block E, Gulberg III. It offers education from grade VI to grade XI including GCE O Levels.It has The Head Office.
- Gulberg girls campus is a girls branch located in 73 Block B-I, Gulberg III. It offers education from grade VI to grade XI including GCE O Levels.
- Iqbal Town campus is a coeducational branch located in 143 Rachna Block, Allama Iqbal Town. It offers education from play group to grade II.
- Main Gulberg campus is a coeducational branch located in 37 Block B, Main Gulberg. It offers education from play group to grade II.
- Model Town junior campus is a coeducational branch located in 12 Block B Model Town. It offers education from play group to grade IV.
- Model Town campus is a coeducational branch located in 202 Block M, Model Town. It offers education from playgroup to XI including GCE O Levels.
- Model Town senior campus is a coeducational branch located in 75 Block H, Model Town. It offers the most immaculate education from grade XII to XIII (GCE AS/A Levels)However,It's existence doesn't prolong anymore.
- Muslim Town campus is a coeducational branch located in 100 Block A, New Muslim Town. It offers education from play group to grade VIII.
- Ravi campus is a coeducational branch located in 303/304 Block H-III, Johar Town. It offers education from play group to grade XIII including GCE O, AS and A Levels.It is The tallest campus in Lahore
- Township campus is a coeducational branch located at Peco Road Township. It offers education from play group to grade II.
Preschool and Grade 1-4
Grade 10-11 (O Level)
Grade 12-13 (AS/A Level)
There are four houses in the school system namely: Red, Yellow, Green and Blue. Activities and competitions, such as football matches or basketball matched, are conducted house wise to help develop unity and discipline. There are two house captains in every house to led them. The mottos of the houses are: Red: I am to strive Yellow: I am to serve Green: I am to lead Blue: I am to persevere
The fee in The City School starts from PKR 17200/- for 2 months and increases with the level of class.
-  The City School Overview
-  The City School Class levels
-  The City School Facilities
- Letter to the editor
- DAWN newspaper Inter School Table Tennis
- World Wildlife Fund Green Gold Club Member Schools