The Paramour Sessions
|The Paramour Sessions|
|Studio album by Papa Roach|
|Released||September 12, 2006
June 12, 2007 (Deluxe Edition)
|Recorded||December 2005–May 2006 at the Paramour Mansion in Hollywood, California|
|Genre||Hard rock, alternative rock, alternative metal|
|Papa Roach chronology|
|Singles from The Paramour Sessions|
|Uptown Magazine||C− link|
The Paramour Sessions is the fifth album by Californian rock band Papa Roach. It was released on September 12, 2006. While pre-recording, the band rented the Paramour Mansion, which the album name reflects. Like Getting Away with Murder, the album follows the alternative rock and hard rock sound and has plenty of solos, although the song ...To Be Loved has only one rapping section in the beginning, the song is hard rock and the rapping goes faster which leads into screaming making it different than their usual sound in their first two albums. Two singles were released from the album, "...To Be Loved" and "Forever". The deluxe edition of the album was released on July 5, 2007. This album was the last the band recorded with drummer Dave Buckner.
The deluxe edition of the album was released on June 12, 2007 and includes the following:
- an alternate cover
- a fold-out poster
- a cell phone wallpaper
- a free ringtone of "Forever"
No new songs were released for the deluxe edition and has no alternate track listing. The deluxe edition is now sold instead of the standard version of the album.
The album debuted at #16 on the Billboard 200 Chart with 37,000 copies sold in its first week of release. The album has sold over 1.6 million copies worldwide by selling small amounts of copies in many countries like the U.S., Canada, and the UK. Because of this, the album has failed to be certified in any country. As of 2012 the album has sold over 2,000,000 copies worldwide, which 400,000 for the U.S.
|1.||"...To Be Loved"||Jacoby Shaddix, Tobin Esperance||3:03|
|2.||"Alive (N' Out of Control)"||Shaddix, Esperance||3:22|
|4.||"The World Around You"||Shaddix, Esperance, Dave Buckner, Jerry Horton||4:35|
|5.||"Forever"||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner, Horton||4:06|
|6.||"I Devise My Own Demise"||Shaddix, Esperance||3:36|
|7.||"Time Is Running Out"||Shaddix, Esperance||3:23|
|8.||"What Do You Do?"||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner||4:22|
|9.||"My Heart Is a Fist" (featuring Travis Barker)||Shaddix, Esperance, Horton||4:58|
|10.||"No More Secrets"||Shaddix, Esperance, Horton||3:15|
|11.||"Reckless"||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner||3:34|
|12.||"The Fire"||Shaddix, Esperance, Horton||3:32|
|13.||"Roses on My Grave"||Shaddix, Horton||3:13|
|14.||"Heridas" (Scars Spanish Version)||Shaddix, Esperance||3:28|
|14.||"Scars" (Live In Chicago)||Shaddix, Esperance||3:38|
|15.||"SOS"||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner, Horton||2:44|
|16.||"The Addict" (iTunes Bonus Track)||Shaddix, Esperance, Buckner, Horton||3:26|
- Papa Roach
- Jacoby Shaddix - lead vocals
- Jerry Horton - guitars, backing vocals
- Tobin Esperance - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Dave Buckner - drums, percussion
- Additional Musicians
- Keyboards and Programming: Howard Benson
- Percussion: Lenny Castro
- Piano on "My Heart Is A Fist" & "What Do You Do?" by: Jamie Muhoberac
- Strings on "The Fire" by: Jennifer Kuhn & Mark Robertson
- Produced by: Howard Benson
- Co-Produced by: Papa Roach
- Mixed by: Chris Lord-Alge
- Recorded by: Mike Plotnikoff
- Additional Recording by: Michael Rosen
- Protools Editing by: Paul Decarli
- Assistant Engineer: Hatsukazu Inagaki
- String Arrangements on "Roses On My Grave" by: Debbie Lurie
- Recorded at The Paramour Mansion, Silver Lake, Bay 7 Studios, Valley Village, & Sparky Dark Studio, Calabasas, CA
- Strings Recorded by: Casey Stone at Entourage Studios, North Hollywood, CA
- Mixed at Resonate Music, Burbank, CA
- Assistant Mix Engineers: Keith Armstrong & Dim-E
- Mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound, NY
- Band Assistant / Life Coordinator / Master Chef at the Paramour: Andres Torres
- A&R: Thom Panunzio
- A&R Coordinator: Evan Peters
- Management by: Mike Renault & Dennis Sanders for Focus Three Entertainment
- Booking by Michael Arfin for AGI
- European Booking: John Jackson for K2ours
- Business Management: Jonathan Schwartz for GSO
- Legal Representation: Eric Greenspan for Myman, Abell, Fineman, Greenspan & Light LLP
- Marketing for Geffen: Paul Orescan
- Art Direction & Design by Greg Patterson
- Additional Art Direction: Dave Buckner & Jerry Horton
- Coat of Arms Illustrated by Jeff Toll
- Band Photography by Devin Dehaven
- Additional Photography by: KirstiAnna Urpa, Jerry Horton, Greg Patterson, Dave Buckner
- "...To Be Loved" was theme song for WWE Raw from 2006 to 2009.
- "...To Be Loved" is also featured in the soundtrack to the 2008 film Never Back Down.
- "...To Be Loved" and "The Addict" were featured in the commercial for Crüe Fest that Papa Roach and Buckcherry did.
- "Alive (N' Out Control)" is the theme song of the TV show Scarred, hosted by Jacoby Shaddix.
- "Time Is Running Out" and "Forever" are featured as downloadable tracks for the Rock Band games.
- "SOS" is also featured on the Crüe Fest compilation album.
- A guitar tab songbook was released for the album.
- Matt Collar. "The Paramour Sessions - Papa Roach". Allmusic. Retrieved 12 September 2006.
- Ed Thompson. "Papa Roach - The Paramour Sessions". IGN. Retrieved 17 April 2008.
- "Review: Papa Roach - The Paramour Sessions". TuneLab Music. Retrieved 20 September 2006.
- Ben Hogwood. "Papa Roach - The Paramour Sessions (Geffen)". MusicOMH. Retrieved 21 August 2007.
- Andrew Blackie. "Papa Roach: The Paramour Sessions". PopMatters. Retrieved 26 March 2009.
- Christian Hoard (17 October 2006). "Papa Roach: The Paramour Sessions". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 11 April 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- John Cruz. "Papa Roach - The Paramour Sessions". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 13 September 2006.