The Road of the Eagles
|"The Road of the Eagles"|
|Author||Robert E. Howard and L. Sprague de Camp|
|Series||Conan the Barbarian|
|Genre(s)||Fantasy short story|
|Published in||Fantastic Universe|
|Media type||Print (Magazine)|
The Road of the Eagles (a.k.a. Conan, Man of Destiny) is a 1955 Conan the Barbarian novelette by L. Sprague de Camp based on a story by Robert E. Howard, by the same name. It is usually credited to Howard and de Camp.
Differences from Howard's original story
De Camp gave Ivan Sablianka's role to Conan, changed the setting from the Ottoman Empire in 1595 into Howard's Hyborian Age and extensively re-worked the plot and story-line so that a new "Howard" story could be added to the collection Tales of Conan in 1955.
The Road of the Eagles was first published in Fantastic Universe in December 1955 under the name Conan, Man of Destiny. In the same year it was also published as part of Tales of Conan but now under the original title The Road of the Eagles. In 1968 it was republished, under the same title, in the collection Conan the Freebooter.
- "The Barbarian Keep: Mistaken Identiy: Are you Conan?". Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- Howard, Robert E.; de Camp, L. Sprague (1989). Conan Piraten (in Swedish). Target Games AB. p. 4. ISBN 91-7898-054-2.
- "Story Index - C: CONAN, MAN OF DESTINY". Howard Works. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- "Story Index - R: THE ROAD OF THE EAGLES". Howard Works. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- "Story Index - W: THE WAY OF THE SWORDS". Howard Works. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
Conan the Champion
|Complete Conan Saga
(William Galen Gray chronology)
"A Witch Shall be Born"
|This article about a fantasy novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1950s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|