The cover of the module, showing Arnold Schwarzenegger as Conan.
|Rules required||Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, 1st edition|
|Character levels||10 - 14|
|Campaign setting||Conan Hyboria|
Conan Unchained! is a scenario set during Conan's days as a Kozak raider, and a pirate on the Sea of Vilayet. The module includes rules for playing in the Hyborian Age with AD&D rules, and provides character descriptions of Conan, Valeria, Juma, and Nestor from the fictional Conan novels. Some of the scenes include being captured by Kozaks and traveling to a mysterious Island to rescue Princess Amrastisi.
Steve Hampshire reviewed the module for Imagine magazine, giving it a mixed review. Hampshire felt that the module did have "some uniquely 'Conan' features", such as an almost total absence of normal AD&D monsters, which were replaced by humans. Although he thought the plot was "simple and derivative", Hampshire noted that the module provided some interesting settings and encounters. Hampshire stated that the module played well in general despite some minor glitches, and felt the module would be good for introducing players to the Conan universe, but added that further installments in the series would need stronger plot-lines.
Rick Swan reviewed the adventure in The Space Gamer No. 73. Swan felt that David Cook gave a good shot at "what is in essence a pretty cheesy assignment" by adding new rules such as a Fear Factor for monsters to inspire terror, Luck Points to allow player characters to perform heroic feats, and a healing rule to mend wounded characters faster. Swan felt Cook had approached the material with respect although "Conan isn't a particularly good choice for the D&D system" because his world is barren, without magic or interesting monsters. Swan concluded by saying that "Conan and D&D go together like peanut butter and tuna fish—it can be done, but you can bet there's going to be a funny taste."
- David Cook: Design
- Anne Gray: Editing
- Elizabeth Riedel: Graphic design
- Kitty Thompson: Graphic design
- Jeff Butler: Interior art
- List of Dungeons & Dragons modules
- Conan Against Darkness!
- GURPS 4e Basic Set 
- GURPS Conan
- Conan Role-Playing Game
- Conan: The Roleplaying Game
- Conan Unchained! entry from Pen-paper.net
- Schick, Lawrence (1991). Heroic Worlds: A History and Guide to Role-Playing Games. Prometheus Books. p. 88. ISBN 0-87975-653-5.
- D&D Module CB1: "Conan: Unchained!" - Part 1 from SomethingAwful.com
- D&D Module CB1: "Conan: Unchained!" - Part 2" from SomethingAwful.com
- Hampshire, Steve (March 1985). "Game Reviews". Imagine (review) (TSR Hobbies (UK), Ltd.) (24): 42–43.
- Swan, Rick (March–April 1985). "Capsule Reviews". The Space Gamer (Steve Jackson Games) (73): 34.
- TSR D&D Conan Unchained! from forum.rpg.net]
- The "CB" modules from The Acaeum