From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thomson may refer to:
- Thomson (surname), includes a list of people with this name and a description of its origin
- thomson (unit), a unit for mass-to-charge ratio, symbol: Th; named in honor of J. J. Thomson
- J. J. Thomson, British physicist and Nobel laureate credited with the discovery of electrons and isotopes, and the invention of the mass spectrometer.
- Thomson effect, named after William Thomson, 1st Baron Kelvin, which is the heating or cooling of a current-carrying conductor when a temperature gradient is present
- Joule–Thomson effect, named after James Prescott Joule and William Thomson, which explains the temperature change of a fluid when allowed to pass through a porous plug with the system kept thermally insulated
- Thomson's gazelle, a species of gazelle
- David and Mary Thomson Collegiate Institute, a high school located in Toronto, Ontario
- The Thomson Corporation, a Canadian-based information services company
- Thomson Reuters, a media company created by The Thomson Corporation's purchase of Reuters on 17 April, 2008
- Thomson-CSF, former name for the company Thales Group
- Thomson Directories, local business search company and publisher of:
- Thomson Local, the UK business directory
- Thomsons Online Benefits, a UK-based provider of employee benefit programmes
- Thomson SA, formerly known as Thomson Multimedia, a French electronics manufacturer and media services provider
- Various businesses of TUI AG:
- L.H. Thomson, manufacturer of aircraft and bicycle parts
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.