March 1, 1982 |
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
|Listed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Listed weight||175 lb (79 kg)|
|High school||Goodrich (Fond du Lac, Wisconsin)|
|NBA draft||2005 / Round: 2 / Pick: 38th overall|
|Pro playing career||2005–present|
|2010||Portland Trail Blazers|
Travis Lyle Diener (// DEE-nuhr; born March 1, 1982) is an American professional basketball player who last played for Dinamo Sassari of the Italian League. He also holds Italian citizenship, and has played for the Italian national team.
Diener played collegiately at Marquette University, and was a member of the Golden Eagles team that reached the NCAA Tournament Final Four in 2003. Diener was one of three future NBA players from that Golden Eagles team; the others were Dwyane Wade and Steve Novak.
In August 2010, he was signed by Dinamo Sassari (Italian Serie A).
Diener's family has a storied basketball history, with many of his relatives coaching or playing at prominent universities:
- His sister Brittney played basketball for NCAA D-II Lewis University.
- His sister Rachel played basketball for Saint Louis University.
- His cousin Drake played basketball for DePaul University.
- His cousin Drew played basketball for Saint Louis University and is currently the head coach of the men's basketball team at Cardinal Stritch University.
- His cousin Derek played basketball and handball at West Point.
- His cousin Shane Grube was a walk-on guard at Marquette University before transferring to D-III Lakeland College[disambiguation needed].
- His high school (Goodrich High School) basketball coach was his uncle Dick Diener.
- Another uncle, Tom Diener, is the former boys basketball coach at Milwaukee Vincent, where he won five state titles, tied for the most of any coach in Wisconsin high school basketball history. He currently is the head coach at Cedarburg High School.
In high school, Travis Diener was a USA Today Player of the Year: 2000 All-America High School Baseball as a pitcher and a shortstop.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com
- Travis Diener at Basketball-Reference.com
- Lega Basket Serie A Player Profile