Dame Trelise Pamela Cooper, DNZM is a fashion designer from New Zealand. A graduate of Henderson High School in Auckland. Her designs have featured in magazines such as Vogue, Marie Claire, Women's Wear Daily, and InStyle and featured on the television series Sex and the City.
Customers include Liv Tyler, Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan, Stevie Nicks, Suri Cruise, Julia Roberts, and The Pussycat Dolls. Cooper creates three clothing ranges - Trelise Cooper, Cooper by Trelise and Trelise Cooper Kids. She also produces Trelise Cooper Interiors, a fabric range made in association with textiles house Charles Parsons. Her signature fragrance 'Trelise' was launched late 2009.
Cooper's design business began in the early 1980s, with her first boutique opening in 1985. The Trelise Cooper Kids Auckland flagship store won the supreme award at the 2007 New Zealand Retail Interior Design Awards. Cooper shows her three ranges at New Zealand's Fashion Week.
Cooper is a patron of the Breast Cancer Research Trust and supports Habitat for Humanity. At 2009's New Zealand Fashion Week Cooper initiated an onsite house build to promote this charity. She is an environmental supporter, producing eco bags for supermarket chain Progressive Enterprises.
She is married to Jack Cooper, an Australasian textile wholesaler. In December 2005, Cooper had an intellectual property dispute with fellow New Zealand fashion designer Tamsin Cooper, objecting to Tamsin registering her name as a trademark. In July 2007, Cooper agreed to drop the suit and let Tamsin Cooper operate under her own name.
- Official Trelise Cooper website; accessed 1 September 2014.
- "Publications". WWD.com. 11 August 2004. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Fashionable Auckland". Magazinenz.com. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Hannah Montana star chooses NZ designer's creation for Idol appearance". Nzherald.co.nz. 30 April 2008. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Suri Cruise spotted wearing Trelise Cooper Kids". Nzherald.co.nz. 1 October 2009. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Fashion Week". Tvnz.co.nz. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Saatchi & Saatchi: Top Retail Award for Saatchi & Saatchi Design NZ". DesignTAXI.com. 4 October 2007. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Queen Mary 2 arrives in Auckland". Nzherald.co.nz. 4 March 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Page, Emma (5 July 2009). "How to fashion a house". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Countdown - Trelise Cooper Eco Bag 09". Progressive.co.nz. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "New Zealand Honours Lists". DPMC. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Cooper and Cooper reach agreement over trade marks". Scoop.co.nz. 3 July 2007. Retrieved 15 September 2013.