Commander, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Command (COMMARFORCOM), headquartered at Naval Support Activity Norfolk, Virginia, commands Service retained-operating forces; executes force sourcing and synchronization to affect force generation actions in the provisioning of joint capable Marine Corps forces, and directs deployment planning and execution of Service retained-operating forces in support of Combatant Commander (CCDR) and Service requirements; serves as Commanding General, Fleet Marine Forces Atlantic (CG FMFLANT) and commands embarked Marine Corps forces; coordinates Marine Corps-Navy integration of operational initiatives and advises CDR U.S. Fleet Forces Command (USFF) on support to Marine Corps forces assigned to naval ships, bases, and installations; conducts Service directed operational tasks as required.
As COMMARFORCOM, commands Service retained-operational forces. As CG FMFLANT, commands Service retained-operational forces embarked aboard Naval shipping.
- Status and Command Relationships. MARFORCOM is a Service retained component headquarters with the following command relationships.
- COMMARFORCOM reports to the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC).
- COMMARFORCOM commands and exercises administrative control (ADCON) of the following subordinate commands:
- II Marine Expeditionary Forces.
- IV Marine Expeditionary Forces (RC).
- Marine Corps Security Force Regiment (MCSFR)
- Marine Corps Training and Advisory Group (MCTAG)
- Chemical Biological Incident Response Force (CBIRF)
- 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade (MEB)
- This article incorporates text in the public domain from the United States Marine Corps.