Up on the Ridge (song)
|"Up on the Ridge"|
|Single by Dierks Bentley|
|from the album Up on the Ridge|
|Released||April 12, 2010|
|Dierks Bentley singles chronology|
"Up on the Ridge" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Dierks Bentley. It was released on April 12, 2010 as the lead-off single and title track from his album of the same name.
The song is an uptempo bluegrass tune in which the narrator encourages his lover to leave the city behind with him for the night.
Sam Gazdziak of Engine 145 gave the song a "thumbs up" review, saying the song "coasts by on style over substance," but calling it "interesting." Country Weekly critic Jessica Phillips, in her review of the album, said that "the song's energetic spirit and banjo-supported melody should be a shot in the arm for country music."
The song debuted on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts at #59 during the week of May 1, 2010. On the Hot Country Songs charts, the song peaked at #21, becoming his first single to miss the Top Ten since "My Last Name" reached #17 in 2004.
|US Billboard Hot 100||99|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||21|
- Gazdziak, Sam (2010-04-27). "Dierks Bentley — "Up on the Ridge"". Engine 145. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- Phillips, Jessica (7 June 2010). "Reviews". Country Weekly 17 (23): 54. ISSN 1074-3235.
- "Billboard Hot Country Songs — Week of May 1, 2010".
- "Dierks Bentley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Dierks Bentley. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- "Dierks Bentley Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Dierks Bentley. Retrieved April 4, 2011.