User talk:I JethroBT
|This user used to be User:I Jethrobot, but he never was a bot, nor did he ever own one like Susan Calvin.|
|Fellow admins: If I've done something trout-worthy, you are welcome to revert it without consulting me. Just let me know afterwards with an explanation.|
|I watchlist the discussions I participate in (you can, too!), so there's no need for talkback templates here. You can use that ping thing to get my attention.|
Elly Barnes article
Hi, thanks for your note. I realise relating a new yet-to-be-published article to other published ones is probably not the way to go, but it does seem difficult to accept rejection of your article when you can see other published ones that do not seem to meet some kind of minimum standard. I really am happy to do some more work on the Elly Barnes article, however I could work on it once it has been published and add more facts/independent articles although I believe what is already drafted is supported and verified by independent information and does not read like an advert. That is not my intention. Have you any more advice? JulesatEducate&Celebrate (talk) 01:58, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- @JulesatEducate&Celebrate: You're welcome. I'm doing what I can to bring the articles you mentioned up-to-speed at the moment, which do need some work, and I appreciate you bringing them up. I do understand your frustration. The problem is there just aren't enough editors to fix every article, and articles are created all the time, some by editors who are unaware of or otherwise do not follow general guidelines and so there will always be problematic articles. As for your article, there are a couple of things I can say:
- The last two paragraphs in the Educate & Celebrate section (starting at The issue of homophobia...) are not really about Barnes. Since this is a biographical article, I'd suggest removing this info.
- You should definitely consider integrating information from these two articles from The Guardian: , 
I'll check it out more a little later. I, JethroBT drop me a line 02:34, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
Hi I JethroBT, Thanks for the feedback, I have made the amendments you suggest and have added 3 x Guardian and 1 x Independent news citations. JulesatEducate&Celebrate (talk) 11:16, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 03 December 2014
- In the media: Embroidery and cheese
- Featured content: ABCD: Any Body Can Dance!
- Traffic report: Turkey and a movie
- WikiProject report: Today on the island
The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- Op-ed: It's GLAM up North!
- Traffic report: Dead Black Men and Science Fiction
- Featured content: Honour him, love and obey? Good idea with military leaders.
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thanks for your GREAT contributions!!! E-e-bayer lover (talk) 20:15, 13 December 2014 (UTC)|
Compliment of the season
Compliment of the season! I'm very proud of you and 99.9999% sure that you will never abuse the admin privilege. Thanks for the advice you offered me at ANI, the other time. Am so grateful. I think have grown to be a better and competent wikipedian now. Wikicology (talk) 13:53, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Wikicology: You're welcome, and I am glad you feel like you getting the hang of things. :) I, JethroBT drop me a line 19:56, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
Well, Taiko's been archived, but that's not surprising given how long it's been open. You'll have to wait two weeks before you resubmit. How about we copy & paste the unresolved comments into a "Review" section on the talkpage (no time limits there!) and you can resubmit when things are worked out. You could advertise the Review at WP:JAPAN, WP:MUSINSTRU, and WP:PERCUSSION to get more participation, mentioning it's for an intended FAC. Curly Turkey ¡gobble! 23:08, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Curly Turkey: Thanks. And yes, I'll be posting in those areas once I get your comments addressed. Thanks for your scrutiny of the article and for all of your hard work. I, JethroBT drop me a line 23:58, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Now Available (December 2014)
- Elsevier - science and medicine journals and books
- Royal Society of Chemistry - chemistry journals
- Pelican Books - ebook monographs
- Public Catalogue Foundation- art books
Other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team.00:25, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
|Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2015 !!!|
Hello I JethroBT, May you be surrounded by peace, success and happiness on this seasonal occasion. Spread the WikiLove by wishing another user a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, whether it be someone you have had disagreements with in the past, a good friend, or just some random person. Sending you a heartfelt and warm greetings for Christmas and New year 2015.
The Signpost: 17 December 2014
- Arbitration report: Arbitration Committee election results
- Featured content: Tripping hither, tripping thither, Nobody knows why or whither; We must dance and we must sing, Round about our fairy ring!
- Traffic report: A December Lull