User talk:I JethroBT
- 1 Edit-a-thon pictures
- 2 Fall class of PMML Wikipedians in Residence
- 3 I forgot to mention
- 4 Thank you for contributing to the Learning Pattern library!
- 5 Heroes in Hell
- 6 The Signpost: 10 September 2014
- 7 Help with References.
- 8 Barton McLean's page
- 9 The Signpost: 17 September 2014
- 10 Disambiguation link notification for September 20
- 11 DYK for Miss Major Griffin-Gracy
- 12 Have a Barnstar!
I just posted some pictures under the titles "20140904 Wikipedia Chicago Meetup 10 (1).JPG" through "20140904 Wikipedia Chicago Meetup 10 (9).JPG"--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 16:24, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- @TonyTheTiger: Hey, thanks for uploading these. I posted many of them to our event page. Are there any other photos? I, JethroBT drop me a line 19:15, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
Fall class of PMML Wikipedians in Residence
- @TeriEmbrey: Thanks for letting me know. I'd like to stop by next week, if possible. VCJeon, will you be in next Tuesday? I, JethroBT drop me a line 16:53, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
I forgot to mention
Thank you for contributing to the Learning Pattern library!
Hi I JethroBT, I write to you to thank you for contributing a Learning Pattern during Wikimania London. You can now read it online by clicking here. Can you please review the pattern and add more information, if you see fit? For instance, can you share some of your experience at the Tea House? I think this could be related. Thanks again! MCruz (WMF) (talk) 01:55, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- MCruz (WMF) Sure thing, it was kind of fun to be asked to do that on the spot while I was the WMF desk there. I'll see if I can fill it out a bit more this weekend. Thanks, I, JethroBT drop me a line 20:00, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Heroes in Hell
Hi. I've been trying to clean up the backlog of merger proposals and ran into Heroes in Hell (book). Upon reviewing the talk pages, I found that all the books in the Heroes in Hell series were tagged for merger, and according to one of your posts you merged all of them in that same month, backed by a consensus from an Articles For Deletion discussion. However, Heroes in Hell (book) is still a standalone article, still tagged as proposed for merger, and when someone tried turning the article into a redirect on July 6, 2013, he was reverted, and the reverting edit summary claims there was a consensus to keep the article as standalone. Can you straighten this out for me?--NukeofEarl (talk) 18:24, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- NukeofEarl - I wondered if this might come up again. I have to review the discussions, but I believe when I was involved in these discussions some years ago, there was agreement that there was sufficient coverage of the first book in the series to merit its own article, so it was kept on its own. The rest, however, lacked such coverage and were redirected to the series page. Would it be helpful for me to point you to that discussion? I, JethroBT drop me a line 18:28, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 10 September 2014
- Featured content: The louse and the fish's tongue
- WikiProject report: Checking that everything's all right
- Traffic report: Refuge in celebrity
Help with References.
Hello JethroBT, I am a new Wikipedian and I would like to create some article which is not to be found anywhere on internet. So, I can't put in references and this made Wikipedia delete an artice I had created. What to do? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nelsonmand (talk • contribs) 02:45, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
Barton McLean's page
I just wanted you to know that I have extensively revised Barton McLean's page. I have eliminated the laudable language, I have clarified passages that were too vague, I added background material that was written in the Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians to flesh out the first paragraph where there was virtually no information, and I have eliminated one of the references which was incorrect. It reads much better, and I hope that the bar across the top can now be taken off.
- @PriscillaAnne: Nice work here. As a note, you don't need to ask me to remove a tag even if I put it there. If you feel like you've addressed the issue sufficiently, it's completely fine to remove it yourself. One thing that would be really helpful would be to add ISBNs to the books you have listed as references. You might also consider splitting up his "Life" section into his early education and a separate section on his work / music production. I, JethroBT drop me a line 18:33, 17 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 September 2014
- News and notes: Wikipedia's traffic statistics are off by nearly one-third
- WikiProject report: A trip up north to Scotland
- Featured content: Which is not like the others?
- Traffic report: Tolstoy leads a varied pack
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Black-and-gray, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Sumi. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
DYK for Miss Major Griffin-Gracy
|On 23 September 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Miss Major Griffin-Gracy, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that the trans woman activist Miss Major (pictured) was meeting with her girlfriend at the Stonewall Inn during the police raid that precipitated the Stonewall riot? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Miss Major Griffin-Gracy. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Have a Barnstar!
|The LGBT Barnstar|
|For your work on Miss Major Griffin-Gracy, which I discovered when it was DYK today. Good work! Midnightblueowl (talk) 09:29, 23 September 2014 (UTC)|