User talk:I JethroBT
- 1 Miss Multiverse page deleted
- 2 The Signpost: 11 June 2014
- 3 The Wikipedia Library: New Account Coordinators Needed
- 4 The Signpost: 18 June 2014
- 5 dietary restrictions
- 6 Meetup posting
- 7 PMML Announced Literature Award for 2014
- 8 The Signpost: 25 June 2014
- 9 DYK for Nancy Batson Crews?
- 10 The Signpost: 02 July 2014
Miss Multiverse page deleted
Greetings Jethro, you have a very nice wikipedia page and profile... congrats!!!
I have a frustrating issue here... I have created the page Miss Multiverse, it was deleted once before about a year ago, i don´t understand why if it has all the right references, no use of promotion, just facts, there are even winners of miss universe that have participated in Miss Multiverse whom have profiles on wikipedia... and its still deleted as if this beauty pageant does not exist.
There are many smaller beauty pageants listed on wikipedia, we are just not able to comprehend why this is happening, it almost feels as if enthusiasts or supporters of other pageants are deleting this one, it takes time to learn how to use wikipedia and frustrating to see someone just come and delete it.
I will appreciate your help enormously, if you would kindly take a look and figure out a solution.
- @Jose Cuello: Hi Jose. I've read over Talk:Miss Multiverse and the article itself. When I started editing Wikipedia, it wasn't immediately clear to me how to figure out whether a topic was sufficiently notable for inclusion. But I did learn eventually that using other articles as a basis for comparison wasn't a great way to do so, because anybody can create an article on a topic. Articles that merely show that the event exists are not really helpful either. Our notability guidelines on media note that a show is more likely to be notable if the show is nationally broadcast. It looks like the show appears on Super Canal, which broadcasts nationally to the Dominican Republic and a good portion of the United States. But it's important to have reliable sources that describe or review the show in some detail.
- Also, I know it's a bummer when your article gets put up for deletion, but please trust me when I say there's no secret conspiracy from other pageant supporters who are out to get you. These are just editors on Wikipedia making a judgment call, and that's it. I, JethroBT drop me a line 16:31, 14 June 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 11 June 2014
- Paid editing: Does Wikipedia Pay? The Moderator: William Beutler
- Special report: Questions raised over secret voting for WMF trustees
- News and notes: PR agencies commit to ethical interactions with Wikipedia
- Traffic report: The week the wired went weird
- Featured content: Politics, ships, art, and cyclones
The Wikipedia Library: New Account Coordinators Needed
Hi Books & Bytes recipients: The Wikipedia Library has been expanding rapidly and we need some help! We currently have 10 signups for free account access open and several more in the works... In order to help with those signups, distribute access codes, and manage accounts we'll need 2-3 more Account Coordinators.
It takes about an hour to get up and running and then only takes a couple hours per week, flexible depending upon your schedule and routine. If you're interested in helping out, please drop a note in the next week at my talk page or shoot me an email at: jorlowitzgmail.com. Thanks and cheers, Jake Ocaasi via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:41, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 18 June 2014
- Special report: Wikimedia Bangladesh—a chapter's five-year journey
- Traffic report: You can't dethrone Thrones
- WikiProject report: Visiting the city
- Featured content: Worming our way to featured picture
- @Nick Number, TeriEmbrey: You got it. We'll certainly have some options outside of the meat-and-cheese standards. :) I, JethroBT drop me a line 18:04, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
This is a reminder to post the meetup atop WP:CHICAGO and WT:CHICAGO. I think that is where most signups will come from.--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 04:05, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reminder. I, JethroBT drop me a line 14:28, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
PMML Announced Literature Award for 2014
PMML announced the Literature Award recipient for 2014 this morning. Here's the link to the announcement on PMML's site: http://www.pritzkermilitary.org/explore/pritzker-literature-award/antony-beevor-2014-pritzker-literature-award-winner/ Articles should appear in the American and British papers in the next few days. Can you help us update the related articles? Antony Beevor's article especially needs updating. TeriEmbrey (talk) 15:01, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
- @TeriEmbrey: I've made some improvements to Antony Beevor in some article clean-up, filling out a bit more about his publications and reputation and adding in some book reviews. I, JethroBT drop me a line 19:33, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 25 June 2014
- Exclusive: "We need to be true to who we are"—Foundation's new executive director speaks to the Signpost
- News and notes: US National Archives enshrines Wikipedia in Open Government Plan, plans to upload all holdings to Commons
- Featured content: Showing our Wörth
- WikiProject report: The world where dreams come true
- Discussion report: Media Viewer, old HTML tags
- Traffic report: Fake war, or real sport?
DYK for Nancy Batson Crews?
- @TeriEmbrey: Hey Teri. The article looks good at-a-glance, I'll definitely make some improvements to it later today. Unfortuntely, it's over the DYK time limit for articles which is seven days since it's been posted to the article space, so it would marked ineligible on that basis alone
- If I might make a suggestion, new articles intended for DYK but might need several days work should start in the user space as a draft until it is finished. Then, they can be moved to the article space and can be found through searches, whereupon the "clock" officially starts for DYK purposes. For instance, I started Sacred Twenty in my user space under the page User:I JethroBT/Sacred Twenty and then moved the article to the article space (see here). Editors can create user pages for drafting purposes, so in this case, I could create a page called User:I JethroBT/Nancy Batson Crews or a similar title and work on it as long as I need to.
- Also, I've come down with a bout of bronchitis, and so I've been reluctant to stop by the library this week to avoid passing anything around. I have started to feel better since yesterday, so I am considering coming to the library tomorrow. I, JethroBT drop me a line 19:33, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 02 July 2014
- News and notes: Wikimedia Israel receives Roaring Lion award
- In the media: Wiki Education; medical content; PR firms
- WikiProject report: Indigenous peoples of North America
- Traffic report: The Cup runneth over... and over.
- Featured content: Ship-shape
- Technology report: In memoriam: the Toolserver (2005–14)