|City of license||Lockport, New York|
|Broadcast area||Buffalo-Niagara Falls|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Audience share||0.7 (Sp'08 P2, R&R)|
|Power||1,000 watts day
1,000 watts night
|Callsign meaning||Lively Voice of Lockport|
|Former callsigns||WUSJ (The Lockport Union-Sun & Journal, a local newspaper owned the station for an extended period)|
|Owner||Dick Greene; Culver Communications Corp., Inc.|
|Webcast||WLVL embedded player|
WLVL (1340 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to Lockport, New York, USA, the station serves the Buffalo-Niagara Falls area. The station is currently owned by Culver Communications Corp., Inc. and features programming from NBC Sports Radio.
Culver Communications also owns WECK, an adult standards music station in Cheektowaga which recently added news, and some sports talk. WECK was an talk radio station like WLVL from 2008 to 2011. When the station switched to a music format in 2011, WLVL picked up some of the displaced programs.
- First Light
- Lockport's Early Morning News with Paul Oates (Tim Schmitt with news)
- Stuck in the Middle, hosted by Tim Schmitt
- Dennis Miller, migrated from WECK
- Green to Checker, with Racin' Ray Sherman
- Super Dial-A-Deal (Saturdays), with Diane Rich and Racin' Ray Sherman
- NBC Sports Radio
- Brian Kahle, former AM Buffalo host, hosted a talk show on WLVL from 2007 until his death in 2013.
- National talk show host Stephanie Miller started at WLVL before leaving for Rochester's WCMF.
- John Murphy, the Voice of the Buffalo Bills and a Lockport native, started at WLVL, handling play-by-play of Niagara-Orleans League games.
- Doug Young, a radio veteran of WGR and the now-defunct WNSA, hosted an interview program on WLVL, but was fired in September 2008.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WLVL
- Radio-Locator Information on WLVL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WLVL