|City of license||Johnstown, Ohio|
|Broadcast area||Columbus, Ohio
|Branding||La Mega 103.1|
|Slogan||"Mas Musica. Mas Variedad"|
|First air date||May 26, 2004|
|Format||Spanish AC/Regional Mexican|
|Callsign meaning||originally, Voice of Kolumbus Ohio|
|Owner||Gate West Coast Ventures, LLC
(TSJ Radio, LLC)
WVKO-FM (103.1 FM, "La Mega 103.1") is a Spanish radio station playing Spanish Adult Contemporary and some Regional Mexican music. WVKO-FM is licensed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to serve the community of Columbus, Ohio.
According to filings with the FCC, the station ceased broadcasting on May 5, 2006 as the license holder was in bankruptcy. In January 2007, the station license was transferred to Bernard Ohio LLC. The FCC granted permission to resume operations on June 19, 2007.
Bernard Radio is a company that operates several radio stations on behalf of the D.B. Zwirn investment fund. The Zwirn hedge fund was attempting to sell off the radio stations in its portfolio in order to terminate the fund.
WVKO-FM and WVKO were sold to TSJ Radio, LLC effective December 19, 2014 at a price of $743,750.
- Patricia Nieto
- Gil Garcia Y El Mudo
- Emmanuel "El Compa Meño" Gonzalez
Program Director- Daniel Melendez
- Turner, Tracy (October 15, 2006). "Nuevo media: Growing Spanish-language newspaper, radio presence in central Ohio mirrors rising number of Latinos who make their home here". Columbus Dispatch.
- Ghose, Dave (October 2006). "The Fall of WVKO". Columbus Monthly.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WVKO
- Radio-Locator information on WVKO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WVKO
|This article about a radio station in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|