|City of license||Bellows Falls, Vermont|
|Broadcast area||New Hampshire and Vermont|
|Branding||95.3 and 107.1 The Wolf|
|Slogan||"#1 for Today's Country"|
|Translator(s)||107.5 W298AH (Claremont, NH)|
|First air date||1981 (as WTIJ)|
|HAAT||162 meters (532 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||W Z WoLF|
|Former callsigns||WTIJ (1981–1983)
(WBIN Media Co., Inc.)
WZLF (107.1 FM, "95.3 and 107.1 The Wolf" a simulcast of WXLF Hartford) is a radio station licensed to serve Bellows Falls, Vermont. The station is owned by Binnie Media. It airs a country music format.
The station signed on in 1981 as Religious WTIJ, and was sold in 1983 to local residents Brad and Evelyn Weeks who flipped it to Country as WBFL. On January 1, 1990 it flipped again to Classic Rock as "B-107". That format, despite ratings success, was not profitable and ended 2 years later. The station struggled into the mid 90's with a AAA format, then a simulcast of WSSH, Marlboro, VT as WZSH until 1996 under new owner Dynacom. That was followed by Country simulcasting under Dynacom and Vox, then Nassau Broadcasting Partners.
WZLF, along with 16 other Nassau stations in northern New England, was purchased at bankruptcy auction by WBIN Media Company, a company controlled by Bill Binnie, on May 22, 2012. Binnie already owns WBIN-TV in Derry, New Hampshire. The deal was completed on November 30, 2012.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Winter 2008 Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Carlisle Capital Corp. Wins Bidding For Rest Of Nassau Stations". All Access. May 22, 2012. Retrieved May 22, 2012.
- "WBIN Media acquires 17 N.E. radio stations". New Hampshire Union Leader. May 23, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Kitch, Michael (December 1, 2012). "Binnie closes on purchase of WLNH". Laconia Daily Sun. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WZLF
- Radio-Locator information on WZLF
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WZLF
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W298AH
- Radio-Locator information on W298AH
|This article about a radio station in Vermont is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|