Wade Davis (baseball)
|Kansas City Royals – No. 17|
September 7, 1985 |
Lake Wales, Florida
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|September 6, 2009 for the Tampa Bay Rays|
(through July 4, 2014)
|Earned run average||4.08|
Wade Allen Davis (born September 7, 1985) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Kansas City Royals of Major League Baseball. From 2009 through 2012, he played in MLB for the Tampa Bay Rays.
Tampa Bay Rays
Davis was drafted in the 3rd round (75th overall) of the 2004 amateur entry draft by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. In the minors, he sported a 93–94 mph fastball, and an excellent spike curveball. Davis has expanded his repertoire to include a two-seam fastball, a slider, and a changeup.
Davis was the July 2010 AL Rookie Pitcher of the Month, after posting a 4–0 record with a 3.03 ERA in five starts.
He was named a starting pitcher on Baseball America's 2010 All-Rookie Team. The Tampa Bay chapter of the Baseball Writers' Association of America also named Davis the Most Outstanding Rookie of the Tampa Bay Rays for the 2010 season. He came in 4th in the voting for 2010 AL Rookie of the Year.
Kansas City Royals
Davis is the second-cousin of former Major League Baseball player Jody Davis. Wade Davis married long time girlfriend, Katelyn Casey is November 2009 in front of 200 guests in her hometown of Marlboro, NY. A graduate of the University of Tampa and aspiring interior designer, Katelyn also runs the couples' non-profit organization Full Kount which benefits children age 18 and younger who use sports as a positive influence in their lives. The couple has three dogs; Abagail, Charlie & Ruth. In the summer of 2013, the couple gave birth to their daughter, Sully Rose Davis.
- "Jason Heyward, Stephen Strasburg are game's top prospects - MLB - SI.com". Sports Illustrated. March 3, 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Bill Chastain (August 4, 2010). "Rays' Soriano, Davis earn monthly honors". mlb.com. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Eddy, Matt (October 19, 2010). "Future Big League Stars Highlight All-Rookie Team". Baseball America. Retrieved October 21, 2010.
- Joe Smith (September 29, 2010). "Crawford voted Rays Team MVP, Davis tabbed top rookie". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved October 1, 2010.
- Kelly Thesier (November 15, 2010). "Valencia finishes third in AL ROY balloting". mlb.com. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Rays deal Shields to Royals for Myers, prospects
- Tony Fabrizio (September 22, 2009). "Davis gives fans something to 'look' forward to". Tampa Bay Online. Retrieved March 6, 2011.
Media related to Wade Davis (baseball) at Wikimedia Commons
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)