Washington Township, Grant County, Indiana
Location of Washington Township in Grant County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.29 sq mi (88.8 km2)|
|• Land||34.14 sq mi (88.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.16 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.47%|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||111.4/sq mi (43.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453996|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.29 square miles (88.8 km2), of which 34.14 square miles (88.4 km2) (or 99.56%) is land and 0.16 square miles (0.41 km2) (or 0.47%) is water. The streams of Big Lick Creek and Hummel Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Marion (northeast edge)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Wayne Township, Huntington County (north)
- Jefferson Township, Huntington County (northeast)
- Van Buren Township (east)
- Monroe Township (southeast)
- Center Township (south)
- Pleasant Township (west)
- Liberty Township, Wabash County (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Fairview, Hummel-Lobdell and Salem.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Grant County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|