Wayne Barrett is an American journalist. He was an investigative reporter and senior editor for the Village Voice for over 20 years. He is currently a fellow with the Nation Institute and contributor to Newsweek.
He is the author of many articles and books about politicians, especially New York City figures such as Ed Koch, Donald Trump, and Rudy Giuliani. He is a major interviewee in Kevin Keating's 2006 documentary Giuliani Time. He is also on the adjunct faculty of the Columbia Journalism School.
- "Bloomberg give us the cold shoulder" By WAYNE BARRETT Posted: 11:31 PM, January 8, 2011, http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/bloomberg_give_us_the_cold_shoulder_Teem4lD7jFY2zyF0G9MWPK
- Faculty - Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
- The Big Apple: City for Sale: Ed Koch and the Betrayal of New York (Harper and Row, 1988, ISBN 0-06-091662-1) (with Jack Newfield)
- Trump: The Deals and the Downfall (Harper Collins, 1992, ISBN 0-06-016704-1)
- Rudy!: An Investigative Biography of Rudolph Giuliani (Basic Books, 2001, ISBN 0-465-00524-1)
- Grand Illusion: The Untold Story of Rudy Giuliani and 9/11 (Harper Collins, 2006, ISBN 0-06-053660-8; with Dan Collins)
- The Real Rudy: From the September print issue: The image of Rudy Giuliani as the hero of September 11 has never been seriously challenged. That changes now, The American Prospect online September 11, 2006
- "Rudy Giuliani's 5 Big Lies About 9/11: On the Stump, Rudy Can't Help Spreading Smoke and Ashes About His Dubious Record", Village Voice, August 8-14, 2007, pp. 22-36.
- "Rudy's Ties to a Terror Sheikh: Giuliani's business contracts tie him to the man who let 9/11's mastermind escape the FBI", Village Voice, November 27, 2007
- Wayne Barrett Laid Off from Village Voice - video report by Democracy Now!
|This article about a United States journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|