When I Met U
|When I Met U|
|Directed by||Joel Lamangan|
|Produced by||Roselle Monteverde-Teo
Jose Mari Abacan
|Written by||Aloy Adlawan|
|Music by||Von de Guzman|
|Editing by||Marya Ignacio|
|Distributed by||GMA Films
|Running time||134 minutes|
When I Met U is a 2009 Filipino romantic comedy film directed by Joel Lamangan. The screenplay by Aloy Adlawan was written for Jose Javier Reyes to direct, Reyes later left after "creative difference". The title of the film is derived from an OPM song by Filipino musical group Apo Hiking Society called "When I Met You" which is also the film's official soundtrack.
The film premiered in the Philippines on February 11, 2009 – being the second movie of Richard Gutierrez and KC Concepcion after For the First Time, and the fifth Valentine movie in five consecutive years.
Jenny (KC Concepcion) is an unpretentious mall promodizer searching for true love. A hopeless romantic, her quest leads her to Benjie (Richard Gutierrez), a cargo pilot who offers her the love she truly yearns. An unlikely romance begins when she hitches a ride with Benjie to attend a wedding in Palawan. On board, they openly show their dislike for each other but when the aircraft crashes in an unknown island, the two turn to each other for comfort and eventually absolve their differences.
- Richard Gutierrez as Benjie
- KC Concepcion as Jenny
- Alfred Vargas as Albert
- Iya Villania as Tracy
- Cherry Pie Picache as Chonching
- Tirso Cruz III as Kardo
- Chanda Romero as Sylvia
- Tonton Gutierrez as Manny
- Bearwin Meily as Tato
- Chariz Solomon as Kim
- Perla Bautista as Evva /Albert's Lola
- Bubbles Paraiso as Vernice
- Paolo Paraiso as Teddy
- Matty Lozano as Marcus
- Ynez Veneracion as Cynthia
- Raquel Villavicencio as Beverly/Tracy's Mom
The film has received generally positive reviews from critics, obtaining a Grade B from the Cinema Evaluation Board of the Philippines, although to Bong De Leon of Journal Online, "KC Concepcion and Richard Gutierrez can now heave a sigh of relief after their second movie together, "When I Met U" made the grade. It deserves more than B.". Mario E. Bautista of the People's Journal said, "it's way much better than their debut movie, 'For the First Time', thanks mainly to the well-written script of Aloy Adlawan". Bautista continues to rain praises acting, as well, "give winning performances". He concludes, claiming that "Richard has done many Valentine movies and this is certainly one of the best. It's as entertaining as his Valentine flick with Marian Rivera last year", which was My Bestfriend's Girlfriend.
The film opened in SM City North EDSA, the country’s biggest theater earning an estimated P1.3-M on the mall’s cinema, second biggest opening day income of all the Filipino movies shown at SM City North EDSA.
According to Box Office Mojo, the romantic flick grossed more than ₱ 32.46 million in Manila alone for the week of February 11–15, 2009. Box Office Mojo expressly stated at the bottom of the webpage that for the week of February 11–15, "The chart only includes information from Manila marketplace. Nationwide figures are not yet available."
The final gross of the movie is P64,287,599 according to Box Office Mojo in its five week run.
|When I Met U: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
- "When I Met You" by APO Hiking Society
- "Gusto Ko La-mang Sa Buhay" by Itchyworms
- "BMD (Bring Me Down)" by Cueshé
- "Gusto Na Kita" by 6 Cycle Mind
- "Ikaw Pa Rin" by KC Concepcion
- "Hintay" by Callalily
- "Di Nakikita" by Roots of Nature
- "Migraine" by Moonstar 88
- "Letter Day Story" by KC Concepcion
- "Hanggang Dito Na Lang" by Jimmy Bondoc
- "When I Met You" by KC Concepcion and Richard Gutierrez
- KC Concepcion is off to Paris after movie with Richard Gutierrez pep.ph
- What fans expect from KC, Richard journal.com.ph
- ON THE SET: "When I Met You" pep.ph
- ‘When I Met U’ deserves more than ‘B’ journal.com.ph
- Jennylyn squeals on Mark journal.com.ph
- Marian, nag-two-piece sa harap ng maraming tao journal.com.ph