||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
January 21, 1984
Beverly Hills, California, United States
|Occupation||Actor, Commercial model|
|Partner(s)||Sarah Lahbati (2012-present)|
|Children||Zion Gutierrez (b. April 2013)|
Richard Gutiérrez, popularly known as Richard Gutierrez (born January 21, 1984), is a Filipino television actor and commercial model.
Gutierrez began acting as a child with his twin brother. He has worked in many movies with his father and his brothers. He appeared on the GMA-7 show Click and primetime series Habang Kapiling Ka with Angelika dela Cruz. He starred in the TV fantasy series Mulawin which aired from August 2, 2004 until March 18, 2005, where he played the lead character Aguiluz. The series led to a feature-length film of the same name (Mulawin: The Movie). Since then he has played lead roles in other GMA-7 shows including Sugo, Kamandag, Codename: Asero, Zorro, Lupin, Full House, and Captain Barbell.
In 2009, Gutierrez was charged with reckless imprudence, arising from the death of his production assistant, Norman Pardo, who died in a car accident in May 2009.Gutierrez and Pardo were driving to Manila from Silang, Cavite. Gutierrez was injured, and Pardo, seated in the passenger seat, died on the spot.
In August 2012, the Court of Appeals reinstated the charge of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide. The appellate court granted the petition filed by Pardo's widow seeking the nullification of the two resolutions that had been issued by former justice secretaries Agnes Devanadera and Alberto Agra, respectively. The appellate court stated, “To the mind of this court, if indeed private respondent was not driving fast, it would have been easy for him to stop his car and thwart any untoward incident.”
After 10 years, Gutierrez's contract with GMA Network's GMA Channel 7's Star ended on June 26, 2013. In 2003, Gutierrez began a relationship to fellow Beh Bote Nga co-star Anne Curtis. They ended their romantic relationship in 2005. In August 2005, he was reported dating supermodel Georgina Wilson, but the two broke up in 2007. On the same year, Gutierrez was romantically linked to Jewel Mische and their relationship had ended in 2012. On August 7, it was reported by the Philippine Entertainment Portal that Guiterrez had fathered a child with actress Sarah Lahbati. The couple welcomed a boy whom they named Zion back in April 2013. He later confirmed the news on the first episode of It Takes Gutz to Be a Gutierrez, a reality TV program that revolves around his family's life. The show began airing on June 1, 2014.
|2001||Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin||Iñigo Zeñorosa||GMA Network|
|Beh Bote Nga||Peter|
|2002||Habang Kapiling Ka||Basilio Malvarosa|
|2003||Love to Love: Maid for Each Other||Ralph|
|Love to Love: My 1, 2 Love||JM Rodriguez / Tomas|
|2004||Mulawin||Aguiluz / Julian|
|2005||Sugo||Miguel / Amante|
|2006||Captain Barbell||Potenciano "Teng" Magtanggol / Arell / Captain Barbell|
|2007||Lupin||André Lupin de Dios|
|Kamandag||Vergel / Kamandag|
|2008||Codename: Asero||Grecko Abesamis / Agent Phoenix / Agent Asero|
|Signos: Banta ng Kalikasan||Host / Narrator|
|Full Force of Nature||Host|
|Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Showdown||Host|
|A Handsome Journey||Himself|
|ASAP '08||Himself Guest Performer||ABS-CBN|
|2009||Zorro||Antonio Dela Cruz Peláez / Zorro||GMA Network|
|Baha, Bahay, Buhay||Host|
|Full House||Justin Lazatín|
|2010||Anatomy of a Disaster||Host|
|Puso ng Pasko: Artista Challenge||Host|
|2011||Captain Barbell: Ang Pagbabalik||Teng / Captain Barbell / Roberto|
|Oras na (Documentary)||Host|
|Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Doubles Showdown||Host|
|Spooky Nights Presents: KaLAbit||Miguel|
|Makapiling Kang Muli||Martin Caballero|
|Extra Challenge (Extreme)||Host|
|2013||Love and Lies||Edward Galvez|
|Gandang Gabi, Vice!||Himself Guest||ABS-CBN|
|2014||It Takes Gutz to Be a Gutierrez||Himself||E! South East Asia|
|1987||Lahing Pikutin||Himself||Regal Films|
|Takbo, bilis... takboooo!||Himself||Regal Films|
|1988||Kambal Tuko||Kokoy||Regal Films|
|1989||One Two Bato Three Four Bapor||Himself||Seiko Films|
|1990||Juan Tanga, super naman, at ang kambal na tiyanak||Ting||Regal Films|
|Feel Na Feel||Himself||Regal Films|
|1992||Takbo Talon Tili!||Tito||Seiko Films|
|2002||Bakit Papa||Dong||Regal Entertainment|
|2003||Mano Po 2||Erickson Tan|
|I Will Survive||B.J.|
|2005||Pinoy: Blonde||cameo||Unitel Pictures|
|Let the Love Begin||Eric||GMA Films|
|Mulawin: The Movie||Aguiluz|
|2006||I Will Always Love You||Justin|
|Mano Po 5: Gua Ai Di||Jonathan Ramírez||Regal Entertainment|
|2007||The Promise||Daniel||GMA Films and Regal Entertainment|
|2008||My Bestfriend's Girlfriend||Primitivo "Evo" Gonzales|
|My Monster Mom||Young Waldo|
|For the First Time||Seth Villaraza||Star Cinema|
|2009||When I Met U||Benjie||GMA Films|
|Patient X||Dr. Lukas Esguerra||GMA Films, VIVA Films, and RGUTZ Productions|
|2010||In Your Eyes||Storm||GMA Films and VIVA Films|
|2011||My Valentine Girls||Arvin/Oslec/Zach/Aidan||GMA Films and Regal Films|
|My Lady Boss||Zach||GMA Films & Regal Films|
Awards & Nominations
Golden Screen TV Awards
- 2011: Outstanding Adapted Reality Competition Program Host Nominee for Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Edition
- 2011: Outstanding Natural History/Wildlife Program Host Nominee for Anatomy of a Disaster
- 2013: Outstanding Adapted Reality/Competition Program Host Nominee for Survivor Philippines: Double Celebrity Showdown
- 2013: Outstanding Natural History/Wildlife Program Host Nominee for Oras Na
UPLB Gandingan Awards
- 2011: Gandingan ng Edukasyon Special Citation
PMPC Star Awards for Television
- 2012: Best Lifestyle/Travel Show Host Winner for Pinoy Adventures
- 2013: Best Reality Competition Program Host Pending Nominee for Extra Challenge
- 1988: Best Child Actor Nomination for Takbo, bilis... takboooo!
- 2009 : Best Actor Nomination for For the First Time
German Moreno Youth Achievement Award
- 2004:German Moreno Youth Achievement Award Awardee
- 2008: Prince of Philippine Movies (for The Promise) and King of Valentine Movies
- 2009: Valentine Box-Office King Winner (with Marian Rivera) for My Best Friend's Girlfriend and Prince of Philippine Movies & TV for For The First Time
- "Richard Gutierrez charged with death of personal assistant". Filipino Journal. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- Aning, Jerome. "Court of Appeals reinstates charges vs Richard Gutierrez in car mishap". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Richard Gutierrez is now a "freelance actor" after expiration of GMA-7 contract". PEP. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Source: Sarah Lahbati gave birth to baby boy in April". 7 August 2013. PEP. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "‘It Takes guts to be a Gutierrez’ on the E! channel". Yahoo! Phillippines. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Richard Gutierrez: ‘I am a proud father’". Inquirer.NET. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "The 38th Box-Office Entertainment Awards (Part 2)". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- "40th Box Office Entertainment Awards given out". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-21.