Who Dat Girl
|"Who Dat Girl"|
|Single by Flo Rida featuring Akon|
|from the album Only One Flo (Part 1)|
|Released||January 11, 2011 (US)
March 27, 2011 (UK)
Conway Recording Studios and Dr. Luke's
(Los Angeles, California)
|Genre||Electro-R&B, Hip hop |
|Label||Atlantic, Poe Boy|
|Writer(s)||Tramar Dillard, Lukasz Gottwald, Claude Kelly, Benjamin Levin, Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence|
|Producer(s)||Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco|
|Flo Rida singles chronology|
"Who Dat Girl" is a song by American rapper Flo Rida featuring American R&B singer Akon. The song was written by Flo Rida, Dr. Luke, Claude Kelly, Benny Blanco, Bruno Mars, and Philip Lawrence, and it was produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco. It was released on January 11, 2011 as the third single from Flo Rida's third studio album, Only One Flo (Part 1). It peaked at number twenty-nine on the Billboard Hot 100.
The song debuted at number fifty-five on the Billboard Hot 100 on the issue dated November 18, 2010. On the issue date of January 22, 2011, the song charted at number thirty-nine on the chart, selling 63,000 digital copies. The following week the song peaked at number twenty-nine, becoming his eighth top-thirty single. In Australia, the track debuted at No. 29 on April 4, 2011, and peaked at No. 10 in its fifth week on the chart. More recently, a loop (1:25 – 1:33) of this song has been featured on http://www.drunkronswanson.com, which is taken from a scene from Season 3 of the NBC show Parks & Recreation. Ron Swanson is portrayed by Nick Offerman, who in this scene has attended a product release party for Snake Juice at The Snakehole, a club in the town of Pawnee partially owned by Tom Haverford, played by Aziz Ansari.
The music video was directed by Ray Kay. It premiered on December 2, 2010 on MTV. Flo-Rida shows his friend a picture of a girl on his laptop, and the friend accidentally spills liquid on it. The girl pops out of the laptop and throws a party at their house, like in the film Weird Science. In the video, Flo-Rida and Akon seem to be at a club scene, in which they are dancing with a few fairly good-looking ladies, covered in some substance in which looks like glow in the dark paint.
Lewis Corner of Digital Spy UK gave the song a negative review, giving the single 2 out of 5 stars, stating "Flo Rida's chart luck has been down of late, what with his last effort – and first solo track – just missing out on a spot in the top 40. His solution? Call in the big guns – in this instance Akon to launch him back to the top – and given that Flo considers himself the old-fashioned romantic sort at heart, there are no prizes for guessing which rapper took the reigns [sic] on his latest effort.
What's more, he's even roped in serial hitmaker Dr Luke to helm the track, who supplies a ready-made rubbery electro-R&B hook with a beat peeled off the 'California Gurls' cutting room floor. 'I imagine her topless/ she might set off my rocket,' Rida announces with a conviction that would make even Hugh Hefner blush, as Akon confesses his lass 'ain't no actress/ But she makes movies.' Who said romance was dead?"
- Songwriting – Tramar Dillard, Lukasz Gottwald, Claude Kelly, Benjamin Levin, Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence
- Production, instruments and programming – Dr. Luke, Benny Blanco
- Vocals – Flo Rida, Akon
- Engineering – Emily Wright, Chris "Tek" O'Ryan, Sam Holland
- Assistant engineering – Tatiana Gottwald
- Mixing – Serban Ghenea
- Mix engineer – John Hanes
- Assistant mix engineer – Tim Roberts
- Background vocals – Claude Kelly
- Remix Package – 8barz 8barz Music, LLC
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||45|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||17|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||16|
|Germany Airplay (Nielsen Company)||35|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||22|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||64|
|US Billboard Hot 100||29|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||65|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||23|
|US Rhythmic (Billboard)||21|
- Praxis Media. "Radio1 Rodos Greece ::: UK Forthcoming Singles ::: Charts, DJ Promos, Dance, Lyrics, Free Mp3 Samples Downloads". Radio1.gr. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- Flo Rida feat. Akon: 'Who Dat Girl' – Music Singles Review – Digital Spy
- Who Dat Girl's actual genre
- Keith Caulfield and Silvio Pietroluongo (January 13, 2011). "Chart Moves: Edward Sharpe, Usher, Gwyneth Paltrow, Britney Spears". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 5, 2011.
- "Flo Rida Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Flo Rida. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- Steffen Hung. "Australian charts portal". australian-charts.com. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- Steffen Hung. "Flo Rida feat. Akon – Who Dat Girl". australian-charts.com. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "Flo Rida's 'Who Dat Girl' Music Video". MTV. December 2, 2010. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- Rodriguez, Jayson (December 2, 2010). "Flo Rida's 'Who Dat Girl' Video Premieres". MTV. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- "Flo Rida – Who Dat Girl ft. Akon [Official Video". YouTube. December 2, 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "Flo Rida feat. Akon: 'Who Dat Girl' – Music Singles Review". Digital Spy. March 23, 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- Only One Flo (Part 1) (liner notes). Flo Rida. Atlantic Records. 2010.
- "Australian-charts.com – Flo Rida feat. Akon – Who Dat Girl". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Austriancharts.at – Flo Rida feat. Akon – Who Dat Girl" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Flo Rida feat. Akon – Who Dat Girl" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- "Flo Rida Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Flo Rida. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- German Airplay Chart, Retrieved on 2011-06-03
- "16, 2011/ Archive Chart: April 16, 2011" UK R&B Chart. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "16, 2011/ Archive Chart: April 16, 2011" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Flo Rida Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Flo Rida. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Flo Rida Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Pop Songs for Flo Rida. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Flo Rida Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Rhythmic Songs for Flo Rida. Retrieved April 24, 2012.