Woolnorth Wind Farm

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Woolnorth Wind Farm
Vestas V66 turbines at Woolnorth Wind Farm.JPG
Location Woolnorth, Tasmania
Coordinates 40°41′06″S 144°43′01″E / 40.685°S 144.717°E / -40.685; 144.717Coordinates: 40°41′06″S 144°43′01″E / 40.685°S 144.717°E / -40.685; 144.717
Commission date 2002, 2004, 2007.
Owner(s) Hydro Tasmania and Guohua Energy Investment Co. Ltd
Power generation
Primary fuel Wind
Units operational 62
Nameplate capacity 140 MW

Woolnorth Wind Farm is a wind power development at Woolnorth (Cape Grim), Tasmania, Australia. It is made up of two wind farms, Bluff Point Wind Farm (65 MW) and Studland Bay Wind Farm (75 MW).

Stage one of Bluff Point consisted of 6 Vestas 1.75 MW turbines, stage two expanded the wind farm with a further 31 of the same turbines. Stage one was commissioned in 2002 and stage two in 2004. Studland Bay Wind Farm was commissioned in 2007 and Vestas V90 3 MW turbines were used. Both wind farms are operated by Hydro Tasmania who also own a 25% share, the remaining 75% Guohua Energy Investment Co. Ltd.


See also[edit]

External links[edit]