"Yardbird Suite" is a bebop standard composed by Charlie Parker in 1946. It follows an AABA form. The Charlie Parker Septet's 1946 recording of the song was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2014.
It was used as the title of Lawrence O. Koch's biography of Parker.
See Charlie Parker's Savoy and Dial Sessions for recording information.
- van Gelder, Lawrence (1999-10-13). "FOOTLIGHTS". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-02-13.
- "Dodo Marmarosa". The Daily Telegraph. 2002-09-13. Retrieved 2008-02-13.
- Zwerin, Mike (2006-01-11). "Music to pack away for that desert island". International Herald Tribune. Retrieved 2008-02-13.
- "Grammy Hall Of Fame". grammy.org Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- Koch, Lawrence O. (1988). Yardbird Suite: A Compendium of the Music and Life of Charlie Parker. Popular Press. ISBN 0-87972-259-2.