Yolanda Be Cool
|Yolanda Be Cool|
|Genres||Club, swing house|
|Labels||Ultra/Sweat It Out|
Johnson "Durango Slim" Peterson
Yolanda Be Cool is an Australian band made up of Sylvester Martinez (aka Andrew Stanley) and Johnson "Durango Slim" Peterson.
They collaborated with Australian producer DCUP (real name Duncan MacLennan) to release an international single "We No Speak Americano" on the indie Australian label Sweat It Out they founded, sampling on a 1956 Neapolitan language hit "Tu vuò fà l'americano" by Renato Carosone and written by Carosone and Nicola "Nisa" Salerno.
"We No Speak Americano" topped the British, Spanish, German, Mexican, Argentinian, Swedish, Danish, Swiss, and Ecuadorian charts, and reached the Top 5 in Australia, France, Italy, Spain and Norway. It was also a chart hit in Colombia, New Zealand, Mexico, Peru, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Venezuela, Honduras, Costa Rica and several other countries. The video was directed by Andy Hylton. Prior to the hit, they had collaborated with DCUP when he remixed their hit "Afro Nuts" in 2009. The name is a reference to the film Pulp Fiction, where the character Jules (played by Samuel L. Jackson) tells a female armed robber named Yolanda (played by Amanda Plummer) "Be cool!" Yolanda Be Cool received two 2010 ARIA Music Awards nominations which include, "Best Dance Release" and "Most Popular Australian Single" for "We No Speak Americano". In 2011, Yolanda Be Cool collaborated with Crystal Waters on a track called 'Le Bump' 
- 2012: Ladies & Mentalmen
As lead artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"Afro Nuts"||2009||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||Non-album singles|
|"We No Speak Americano"
(featuring Crystal Waters)
|2011||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||Ladies & Mentalmen|
(featuring Nola Darling)
(featuring Arama Mara)
(featuring Barbara Tucker)
|"All That She Wants"
(featuring SYF and Fritz Helder)
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- 2010 : Alesha - Drummer Boy (Yolanda Be Cool and DCup Remix)
- 2010 : ULC Hnan Solo - Fortune Cookie (Yolanda Be Cool Remix)
- 2010 : Jazzbit - Sing Sing Sing 2010 Remixes (Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup Remix)
- 2010 : Dennis Ferrer - Hey Hey (Yolanda Be Cool Remix)
- 2013 : Cindy Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun (Yolanda Be Cool Remix)
- DanishCharts.com "We No Speak Americano" page
- 2010 ARIA Nominations Announced Take40 Australia (mcm entertainment). Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Cindy Lauper She's So Unusual 30th Anniversary Celebration on allmusic.com
- Yolanda Be Cool – Discography on Australian charts Australian-charts.com Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Yolanda Be Cool – Discography on Austrian charts Austrian-charts.com Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Yolanda Be Cool – Artist Chart History Billboard.com Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Yolanda Be Cool – Discography on Denmark charts Danishcharts.com Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Yolanda Be Cool – Discography on French charts Lescharts.com Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Yolanda Be Cool – Chartverfurlong Musicline.de Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Yolanda Be Cool – Discography on New Zealand charts Charts.org Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Yolanda Be Cool – Discography on Swiss charts Swisscharts.com Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Yolanda Be Cool – Discography on UK charts Chartstats.com Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2011 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "British single certifications – Yolanda Be Cool vs D CUP – We No Speak Americano". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 6 December 2012. Enter We No Speak Americano in the field Search. Select Title in the field Search by. Select single in the field By Format. Click Go
- "American single certifications – Yolanda Be Cool vs DCUP – We No Speak Americano". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 6 December 2012. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH
- "New Zealand single certifications – Yolanda Be Cool and DCUP – We No Speak Americano". Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. Retrieved 10 December 2014.