Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Ø, ∅, or 中 in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ø (and ø) is a Scandinavian vowel letter.
Ø, ∅ (a circle crossed by a diagonal slash) etc. may also refer to:
Science, technology and engineering
- Slashed zero (0̸), a representation of the number 0 (zero) to distinguish it from the letter O
- Diameter (⌀)
- Empty set (), in mathematical set theory
- Do not confuse with the Greek lowercase letter phi (ɸ), which is used for various purposes
- Ø, Denmark, a piece of land in Jutland, Denmark
- Half-diminished seventh chord (ø), in music
- Ø, the solo identity of Finnish musician Mika Vainio of electronic music band Pan Sonic
Circle crossed by a vertical bar
- Unvoiced bilabial fricative (IPA: ɸ)
- Phi (Φ and φ), a Greek letter, corresponding to "f" or "ph"
- Ef (Cyrillic) (Ф and ф), a Cyrillic letter, corresponding to "f" or "ph"
- Phi (ɸ), which represents phase in alternating current electrical systems (sometimes italicized, ɸ)
Circle with a horizontal bar
- Unvoiced dental fricative (IPA: θ)
- Theta (Θ and θ), a Greek letter, corresponding to "th"
- Fita (Ѳ and ѳ), an Old Cyrillic letter, corresponding to "f" and transliterating Greek theta
- Oe (Cyrillic) (Ө and ө), Cyrillic barred O, representing an open-mid front rounded vowel in some Turkic and Mongolic languages
- Plimsoll line (
o), the line where the hull of a ship meets the surface of the water
- Standard state (
o), in chemistry
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ø.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.