10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty
|10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty|
|Created by||Mike Riley|
|Presented by||Dean Cain|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||43 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Original Media|
|Original release||January 10 –|
February 21, 2014
10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty is an American cryptozoology reality show that aired on Spike. The show premiered on January 10, 2014, and concluded its first season on February 21, 2014. The show is hosted by Dean Cain, Todd Disotell, and Natalia Reagan.
Nine teams of big-game hunters and Sasquatch hunters are instructed to find proof of Bigfoot, a hominid-esque figure reportedly seen in the wilderness. Each episode the teams are given a specific challenge and one team will be eliminated in each episode. If the teams manage to find evidence to prove the existence of Bigfoot, they will be awarded $10,000,000. However the proof must stand up to scientific testing in order for the team to receive the money. If no conclusive evidence is found, the teams will be eliminated until only one remains – at which point the remaining team will receive $100,000.
|Stacey & Dave||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||WIN||RISK||RISK||RISK||WIN|
|Michael & Kat||SAFE||RISK||RISK||SAFE||WIN||WIN||RISK||RUNNER-UP|
|Kirsten & Shaney||SAFE||RISK||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE||RISK||WIN|
|Ro & Justin||RISK||WIN||RISK||RISK||SAFE||OUT|
|Dan & Dave||RISK||SAFE||RISK||RISK||OUT|
|Matt & Julie||WIN||SAFE||SAFE||OUT|
|Rictor & Dax||SAFE||RISK||OUT|
|Donny & Donnell||SAFE||OUT|
|Travis & January||OUT|
- (WINNER) The team won the competition.
- (RUNNER-UP) The team was the runner-up in the competition.
- (WIN) The team won the Field Challenge.
- (WIN) The team won the Field Challenge but was at risk of elimination.
- (WIN) The team won the Field Challenge but was eliminated.
- (SAFE) The team brought back sufficient evidence to move on in the competition.
- (RISK) The team brought back insufficient evidence and was at risk of elimination.
- (OUT) The team brought in the least evidence from the hunt and was eliminated from the competition.
|No.||Title||Original air date||US viewers|
|1||"Bigfoot's Blood"||January 10, 2014||0.212||0.633|
Nine teams are given the task of searching for scientific proof of the existence of Bigfoot. The team that manages to provide evidence that will hold up under scientific scrutiny will win $10 million. If a team fails to rise to the episode's challenge, they will be eliminated.
Field Test: Teams were given a blow gun with extraction darts. The first team to return with a usable sample of a big game animal would receive an extra two hours on the hunt.
Eliminated: Travis & January
|2||"Big Footage"||January 17, 2014||N/A||TBA|
In this episode the eight remaining teams must look for evidence in a large forest. However due to the differences between the big game hunters and the Bigfoot hunters, tension begins to mount.
Field Test: Team were tested on their ability to obtain a clear image of a wild animal. Winners received clear image infrared binoculars
|3||"Trapping Bigfoot"||January 24, 2014||N/A||TBA|
|The teams must look through Brooks Memorial State Park in Washington.|
|4||"Bugging Bigfoot"||January 31, 2014||N/A||TBA|
|The teams must look for Bigfoot around a remote lake, where they must catch blood-sucking insects that may contain Bigfoot DNA.|
|5||"Spelunking for Sasquatch"||February 7, 2014||N/A||TBA|
|The five remaining teams must rappel into caverns located at Mount St. Helens.|
|6||"Big Footprints"||February 14, 2014||N/A||TBA|
|The four remaining teams search through Six Rivers National Forest in California. One team insists that they have video proof.|
|7||"Bigfoot Ground Zero"||February 21, 2014||N/A||TBA|
|Three teams remain and they are taken to Bluff Creek, California, which is known for the 1967 Patterson–Gimlin film.|
|8||"36 Hours of Hell"||February 21, 2014||N/A||TBA|
|Now down to the final two teams, the episode takes the two groups to Lake Superior where they try to find Bigfoot by using blood and a baby doll.|
- Schneider, Michael. "Exclusive: Dean Cain to Host Spike TV's 10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty". TV Guide. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Hibberd, James. "Network offers $10 million for Bigfoot proof". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Genzlinger, Neil (Jan 7, 2014). "A Cash Prize as Elusive as ..." NY Times. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Fisher, Jim (July 10, 2013). "Quest for Bigfoot hunters takes new twist". Goldendale Sentinel. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Day, Patrick Kevin (December 5, 2013). "'10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty' is latest in Bigfoot craze". LA Times. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Kaplan, Don. "Spike TV searches for the elusive sasquatch on '10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty'". NY Daily News. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Menza, Kaitlin. "Dean Cain Talks His Wild New Reality Show, 10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty". OK Magazine. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Vorel, Jim. "Spike's '10 Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty'". Herald Review. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Friday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Shark Tank," "Blue Bloods" Lead Demos, Viewers". Futon Critic. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Ingram, Hunter. "Local woman eliminated from Bigfoot reality show". Star News Online. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Cefalu, Beth. "$10 Million Bigfoot Bounty hunt in Upper Michigan". Upper Michigan Source. Archived from the original on 2014-03-02. Retrieved 1 March 2014.