1190s in architecture
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1180s . 1190s in architecture . 1200s|
- From c. 1190 – 'Cliff Palace' in Mesa Verde (modern-day Colorado) constructed by Ancestral Puebloans of the Pueblo III Era.
- 1191 – St. Gereon's Basilica in Cologne, Holy Roman Empire, consecrated.
- 1191 – Preah Khan Baray built in Angkor, Khmer Empire.
- 1192 – Torpo stave church, Norway, built.
- 1192 – Rebuilding of Lincoln Cathedral begun.
- c. 1192 – Qutb Minar (minaret), Delhi, India.
- 1192–April 1199 – Adhai Din Ka Jhonpra mosque in Ajmer, Rajasthan, rebuilt from a Sanskrit college.
- 1193 – Construction of the Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque begun in the Delhi Sultanate.
- 1194 – Rebuilding of Chartres Cathedral begun.
- 1195 – Rebuilding of Bourges Cathedral begun.
- c. 1195 – Theotokos Kyriotissa Church built in Constantinople.
- 1196 – Baptistery of Parma constructed.
- 1196 – Minaret of the Koutoubia Mosque completed in Marrakesh, Almohad Morocco.
- 1196–1198 – Château Gaillard built in Normandy.
- 1197 – San Nicola di Bari, in the Kingdom of Sicily completed (begun in 1084).
- 1197 – West Front of the Ely Cathedral finished (begun in 1174).
- 1198 – Dhammayazika Pagoda built in Bagan, Pagan Kingdom (begun in 1196).
- 1199 – St Laurence's Church, Ludlow, in England rebuilt.
- Exact date not specified
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)