1802 in Wales
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- August - Sir William and Lady Hamilton visit Milford Haven, along with Admiral Horatio Nelson. On his return he visits Monmouth and the Naval Temple on The Kymin. Also on his Welsh expedition he visits Cyfarthfa Ironworks, in recognition of its contribution to the war effort.
- October 8 - A Unitarian Association is formed in South Wales, with Josiah Rees and Iolo Morganwg among its leaders.
- North Wales Baptist Association is launched by Christmas Evans.
- Sir John Nicholl is elected to Parliament for the first time.
- Sir Robert Williames Vaughan marries Anna Maria Mostyn, daughter of Sir Roger Mostyn, 5th Baronet.
Arts and literature
- Edward Jones (Bardd y Brenin) - The Musical and Poetical Relicks of the Welsh Bards, vol. 2
- Royal Anglesey Yacht Club founded at Beaumaris.
- July 15 - James Allen, Bishop of St David's (d. 1897)
- August - Ebenezer Thomas, poet (d. 1863)
- August 24 - William Rowlands (Gwilym Lleyn) (d. 1865)
- August 26 - George Wightwick, architect working in south west England and pioneer architectural journalist (d. 1872)
- November 8
- December 4 - Calvert Jones, pioneer photographer (d. 1877)
- December 12
- date unknown - Thomas Robert Jones, founder of The Philanthropic Order of True Ivorites (d. 1856)