1815 in music
- Spanish classical guitarist Fernando Sor moves to London, England to try to garner some success there.
- Summer – Gioachino Rossini goes to Naples as musical and artistic director of the Teatro San Carlo. His first opera for this theatre, Elisabetta, regina d'Inghilterra, premieres here on October 4.
- December 25 – The Handel and Haydn Society, the oldest continuously performing arts organization in the United States, gives its first performance, at the King's Chapel in Boston.
- Ludwig van Beethoven
- Giacomo Meyerbeer – Gli Amori di Teolinda (cantata)
- Anton Reicha – Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra in G minor
- Franz Schubert
- Der Erlkönig
- Piano Sonata in E major, D. 157
- Gioachino Rossini
- Franz Schubert – Der Vierjahrige Posten
- April 6 – Robert Volkmann, composer (d. 1883)
- April 12 – Henry Hugo Pierson, English composer (d. 1873)
- June 28 – Robert Franz, composer (d. 1892)
- July 30 – Herman Severin Løvenskiold, composer (d. 1870)
- August 16 – Madame Céleste, dancer (d. 1882)
- November – Adelaide Kemble, opera singer (d. 1879)
- December 25 – Temistocle Solera, opera composer and librettist (d. 1878)
- March 4 – Frances Abington, singer and actress (born 1737)
- April 8 – Jakub Jan Ryba, composer (born 1765) (suicide)
- May 21 – Roman Hofstetter, composer (born 1742)
- May 25 – Domenico Puccini, composer (born 1772)
- June 22 – William Reeve, theatre composer (born 1757)
- September 29 – Frederick Charles Reinhold, bass singer and organist (born 1737)
- October 3 – Daniel Belknap, farmer, mechanic, militia captain, poet and singing teacher, one of the first American composers. (born 1771)
- November 15 – Kaspar Anton Karl van Beethoven, brother of Ludwig van Beethoven (born 1774)
- November 28 – Johann Peter Salomon, violinist, conductor, impresario and composer (born 1745)
- December 14 – Charles Luke Lennox, heir to banking company, pianist (born 1800) (murder)
- date unknown – Giovanni Bertati, librettist (born 1735)
- Johnson, H. Earle (1986). "Handel and Haydn Society". In Hitchcock, H. Wiley; Sadie, Stanley. The New Grove Dictionary of American Music. II. London: Macmillan Press. p. 318. ISBN 0-943818-36-2.
- Daniel Belknap (1771–1815)[permanent dead link] David Warren Steel (Editor), Publisher: Taylor & Francis, Inc. February 28, 1999 ISBN 978-0-8153-2410-2