1940s in anthropology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1940-1949 in anthropology)
Timeline of anthropology, 1940–1949
- The oldest known North American mummy, Spirit Cave Man, is excavated.
- Prehistoric paintings in the Lascaux caves are discovered.
- Race, Language and Culture, by Franz Boas
- African Political Systems, ed. by Meyer Fortes and E. E. Evans-Pritchard
- The People of Alor by Cora Du Bois
- Configurations of Culture Growth by Alfred Kroeber
- The Great Transformation by Karl Polanyi
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces, by Joseph Campbell
- Les structures élémentaires de la parenté (The Elementary Structures of Kinship), by Claude Lévi-Strauss