1974–75 Northern Rugby Football League season
|Top point-scorer(s)||Neil Fox (333)|
|Top try-scorer(s)||Gerald Dunn (42)|
|Promotion and relegation|
|Promoted from Second Division|| Huddersfield
Hull Kingston Rovers
|Relegated to Second Division|| York
- Drop goals became worth one point. Drops had previously been worth two points.
First Division Championship
Second Division Championship
Widnes beat Warrington 14-7 in the final played at Wembley in front of a crowd of 85,998.
This was Widnes’ fourth Cup Final win in sixth Final appearances.
Referee: P. Geraghty (York)
This was the seventeenth competition and was won for the eighth time by England.
- England win the tournament with two victories.
- 1974-75 Rugby Football League season at wigan.rlfans.com
- The Challenge Cup at The Rugby Football League website
- de la Riviere, Richard, ed. (2009), "Top ten: Rugby league rules", Rugby League World (Brighouse, UK: League Publications, published August 2009) (340): 61, ISSN 1466-0105
- "1974-75 Season summary". Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- Raymond Fletcher; David Howes (1995). Rothmans Rugby League Yearbook 1995-1996. London: Headline Book Publishing. ISBN 0-7472-7817-2.
- "RFL Challenge Cup Roll of Honour". Archived from the original on 2010-01-06. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- Raymond Fletcher; David Howes (1995). Rothmans Rugby League Yearbook 1995-1996. London: Headline Book Publishing. p. 425. ISBN 0-7472-7817-2.