2002–03 European Nations Cup Third Division
The 2002–2004 European Nations Cup was the fourth edition of the newly reformed European Championship for tier 2 & 3 Rugby Union Nations. This was the second two-year cycled championship, the first to be planned from the start.
The Third division had a controversy development.
The team were divided into three groups according to the ranking of previous edition to play, but there were several problems.
In pool "A" Andorra withdrew and only four teams remained.
So the European federation decided to change from a "two-years" formula to a double "two-years formula".
The Pool "C" match played was considered as "friendly match" and the four teams remained played a short tournament in Ibiza, Spain
The winner of the pool "B" was promoted to pool "A" for the 2003-04 ediiton,and also the winner of "Pool C" will be promoted to "pool B".
The highest level was the Pool "A", with five teams:
- Latvia relegated from second division
- Serbia and Montenegro
- Hungary promoted from Group B
- Andorra (retired from competition)
|4||Serbia and Montenegro||3||0||1||2||58||93||-35||4|
The middle level was the Pool "B", with five teams:
- Austria relegated from pool "A"
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Malta promoted from pool "C"
|5||Bosnia and Herzegovina||4||0||0||4||40||103||-63||4|
- Malta promoted to Pool A
- "No official" match :
Third place final
First place final
- Bulgaria promoted to Pool B
- 2003–2004 European Nations Cup First Division
- 2002–2004 European Nations Cup Second Division
- 2003–2004 European Nations Cup Third Division