2005 WTA Tour Championships
|2005 WTA Tour Championships|
|Date||November 8 - November 13|
|Draw||8S (round robin) / 4D|
|Location||Los Angeles, United States|
|Lisa Raymond / Samantha Stosur|
The 2005 WTA Tour Championships, also known as the Sony Ericsson Championships, was a women's round robin tennis tournament played on indoor hard courts at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, United States. It was the 35th edition of the year-end singles championships, the 30th edition of the year-end doubles championships, and was part of the 2005 WTA Tour. The tournament was held between November 8 and November 13, 2005. Fourth-seeded Amélie Mauresmo won the singles event, the first French player to win the title, and she earned $1,000,000 first-prize money as well as 485 ranking points.
- Jerry Magee (November 14, 2005). "Mauresmo magnifique". The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Tom Tebbutt (November 14, 2005). "Mauresmo survives gruelling marathon". The Globe and Mail.
- "Mauresmo wins French battle in LA". news.bbc.co.uk. BBC. November 14, 2005.
- "Clijsters set to take on lone American at WTA". www.taipeitimes.com. Taipei Times. November 9, 2005.
- WTA Championships draws (PDF)