2008 FIA GT Bucharest 2 Hours
The 2008 Bucharest City Challenge was the sixth round of the 2008 FIA GT Championship season and was organised by City Challenge GmbH. It took place at the Bucharest Ring temporary street circuit in Bucharest, Romania, on 23 — 24 August 2008.
Unlike the previous running at Bucharest in 2007, the 2008 event introduced a new event format that involved two races. After qualification, a one-hour race was held and entries were awarded half of the standard FIA points for their finishing positions. On Sunday, a second one-hour race was held, with the starting grid being determined by the finishing order of the first race. Half points were again rewarded based on finishing order.
Class winners in bold. Cars failing to complete 75% of winner's distance marked as Not Classified (NC).
Phoenix Carsport lead the field as the #5 Corvette of Swiss drivers Marcel Fässler and Jean-Denis Délétraz earned victory from pole position over the team's second car. In the GT2 category, CR Scuderia earned their first ever victory in the FIA GT Championship, just ahead of defending class champions AF Corse.
Phoenix Carsport continued their victorious run on Sunday as the #5 car once again led the field to the checkered flag, although the team's second Corvette failed to make the finish after hitting a wall with ten laps remaining. CR Scuderia also won for the second time, Andrew Kirkaldy and Rob Bell's Ferrari overtaking the AF Corse Ferrari in the closing laps.
- Pole Position – #5 Phoenix Carsport Racing – 1:15.348
- Average Speed (Race 1) – 139.24 km/h (86.52 mph)
- Average Speed (Race 2) – 138.89 km/h (86.30 mph)
- "23 August 2008 Fässler and Bruni on pole for Race One". FIA. 23 August 2008. Archived from the original on 28 September 2008. Retrieved 23 August 2008.
- "Results: 2008 Round 6 – Bucharest (Results after 1 Hour)". FIA. 23 August 2008. Retrieved 23 August 2008.
- "Results: 2008 Round 6 – Bucharest (Race Result)". FIA. 24 August 2008. Archived from the original on 2 September 2008. Retrieved 24 August 2008.
- "Results: 2008 Round 6 – Bucharest (Qualifying 1)". FIA. 23 August 2008. Retrieved 23 August 2008.
|FIA GT Championship|
2008 Spa 24 Hours
|2008 season||Next race:
2008 FIA GT Brno 2 Hours