2012 Aircel Chennai Open
|2012 Aircel Chennai Open|
|Date||2 – 8 January|
|Leander Paes / Janko Tipsarević|
The 2012 Aircel Chennai Open was a 2012 ATP World Tour tennis tournament, played on outdoor hard courts. It was the 17th edition of the only ATP tournament taking place in India and took place at the SDAT Tennis Stadium in Chennai, India. It was held from 2 to 8 January. Stanislas Wawrinka was the defending singles champion coming into the tournament but was knocked out in the quarterfinals. Former champion Marin Čilić was originally in the field as the 4th seed before pulling out with a patellar tendon injury. Finally, fourth seed Milos Raonic from Canada defeated world no. 9 and top seeded Serb Janko Tipsarević to win only his second ATP title.  Raonic became the first player since Roger Federer in 2008 to win an ATP title without losing a serve. The doubles title went to the Indo-Serb pair of Leander Paes and Janko Tipsarević after they defeated the Israeli pair of Jonathan Erlich and Andy Ram.
ATP singles main draw entrants
- Rankings as of December 26, 2011
The following players have been announced as part of the singles main draw: Wild Cards
The following players received entry from the qualifying draw:
The following player received entry as Lucky Loser:
- Steve Darcis (right shoulder injury)
ATP doubles main draw entrants
|IND||Mahesh Bhupathi||IND||Rohan Bopanna||18||1|
|USA||Scott Lipsky||USA||Rajeev Ram||74||2|
|IND||Leander Paes||SRB||Janko Tipsarević||93||3|
|ISR||Jonathan Erlich||ISR||Andy Ram||101||4|
- Rankings are as of December 26, 2011
The following pairs received wildcards into the doubles main draw:
The following pair received entry as alternates:
- Somdev Devvarman (right shoulder injury)
- "Former Champion Cilic ruled out of Chennai Open". Times of India. 13 Dec 2011. Retrieved 13 Dec 2011.
- Diwan, Kunal (9 January 2012). "Missile-launcher Raonic shoots downs Tipsarevic". The Hindu. Chennai, India.
- Paes-Tipsarevic win Chennai Open title | News | NDTVSports.com