39th Street (Kansas City)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
39th Street is a major west/east main street that runs in Kansas City, Missouri from State Line Road to Topping Avenue. It was originally named Rosedale Avenue as it led to the town of Rosedale. It connects Westport and Kansas City, Kansas. The University of Kansas Hospital is at the starting point and the ending point is in the Leeds Industrial District.
West 39th Street
Also referred to as W39thKC. This half mile corridor serves as a commercial connector of local shops and businesses located along 39th Street from State Line Road to Southwest Trafficway.
West 39th Street attractions are monthly 3rd Friday events, Roselawn, Thomas Hart Benton Home & Studio Museum, Roanoke Park, and the Westport-Roanoke Community Center.
39th Street serves as the main artery of the Volker Neighborhood, as well as the southern boundary of the Roanoke Neighborhood.
- Linwood Boulevard (Kansas City)
- Prospect Avenue (Kansas City, Missouri)
- Southwest Boulevard (Kansas City)
- The Paseo (Kansas City)
- Spivak, Jeffrey (August 28, 1993). "Life is flowing on 39th Street". The Kansas City Star. p. A1. Retrieved September 3, 2012. (Subscription required (. ))
- Gose, Joe (September 17, 1996). "39th Street restaurant zone has new player Damon Abnos has experience in making faded store properties attractive again.". The Kansas City Star. p. D39. Retrieved September 3, 2012. (Subscription required (. ))
- Baker, Amy (July 28, 1996). "39th Street Blooms". American City Business Journals. Retrieved September 3, 2012.