51 Minds Entertainment
|Products||Flavor of Love|
Number of employees
|Parent||Endemol Shine Group (51%)|
51 Minds Entertainment (or Fifty One Minds Entertainment) is a production company specializing in reality TV, known for their "celebreality" programs on VH1. It was created in 2004 as a merger between Cris Abrego's 51 Pictures (formerly Brass Ring Entertainment) and Mark Cronin's Mindless Entertainment. In 2005, the company signed a two-year, seven series production deal with VH1. The company has been credited in helping revive VH1 ratings during this time. In 2008, 51% in the company was purchased by Endemol.
- Adalian, Josef (1 April 2008). "Endemol lands reality house". Variety. Retrieved 14 July 2009.
- Keveney, Bill (4 August 2006). "It's Flavor's time to shine ; Rapper looks for love; genre finds success". Life. USA Today. p. E.10. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- Lafayette, Jon (5 November 2007). "Outrageous Folks Fuel 51 Minds' Ideas; Building on VH1 Success, Producers Look to Broadcast Nets". News. Television Week. 26 (41): 4. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- Martin, Denise (12 July 2005). "VH1 makes 'Surreal' deal; Cabler pacts with 'Life' producers for series". Exclusives. Daily Variety. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Elber, Lynn (4 October 2007). "At VH1, Two Reality Producers Rule". The Boston Globe. Associated Press. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- Snider, Mike (5 March 2010). "Have a PlayStation? You can watch 'The Tester' ; Reality series is available only on consoles". Life. USA Today. p. D.12. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
|This article about a TV production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|