590th Bombardment Squadron
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|590th Bombardment Squadron|
|Branch||United States Air Force|
The 590th Bombardment Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last was assigned to the 395th Bombardment Group, stationed at Ardmore Army Air Field, Oklahoma. It was inactivated on 1 April 1944.
The unit was established as a B-17 Flying Fortress Operational Training Unit (OTU) as part of Second Air Force. It was inactivated in April 1944 as part of the phaseout of B-17 training.
- Constituted 590th Bombardment Squadron (Heavy) on 29 January 1943
- Activated on 16 February 1943
- Inactivated on 1 April 1944
- 395th Bombardment Squadron, 16 February 1943 – 1 April 1944
- Ephrata Army Air Base, Washington, 16 February 1943
- Ardmore Army Air Field, Oklahoma, 25 October 1943 – 1 April 1944
- B-17 Flying Fortress, 1943–1944
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.