609th Information Warfare Squadron
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|609th Information Warfare Squadron|
609th Information Warfare Squadron emblem
|Active||1995 - 1999|
|Country||United States of America|
|Branch||United States Air Force (1995 - 1999)|
|Part of||9th Air Force|
|Garrison/HQ||Shaw Air Force Base|
|Motto(s)||Anticipate or Perish|
The 609th Information Warfare Squadron was a squadron assigned to 9th Air Force under Air Combat Command with headquarters at Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, South Carolina. It was the first operational information warfare combat unit in United States military history. It primarily supported fighter wings in the eastern United States and in the United States Central Air Forces area of operations.
- Established as 609th Information Warfare Squadron and activated on September 28, 1995.
- Inactivated on June 30, 1999
- 9th Air Force, September 28, 1995 - June 30, 1999
- Ruffini, Joseph (30 June 1999), Official history of the 609th Information Warfare Squadron from 1995 to 1999 (PDF), Shaw AFB, SC: AFHRA, p. 1
- Rosenberger, Rob (24 September 2003). "609 IWS and 7102 CPUSS". Archived from the original on September 25, 2010. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
Email, AFHRA (Dr. A. Timothy Warnock), to AFRC/HO (MSgt Robin Rosenberger), 'Two units L&H,' 24 March 03
This article incorporates public domain material from the Air Force Historical Research Agency website http://www.afhra.af.mil/. This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Government document "http://www.afcent.af.mil".