Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article concerns the period 699 BC – 690 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 699 BC—Khallushu succeeds Shuttir-Nakhkhunte as king of the Elamite Empire.
- 697 BC—Birth of Duke Wen of Jin in China.
- 697 BC—Death of Zhou huan wang, the Emperor of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 697 BC—Hezekiah succeeded by Manasseh as king of Judah.
- 696 BC—Zhou zhuang wang becomes the Emperor of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 696 BC—The Cimmerians ravage Phrygia, possible migration of the Armenians.
- 692 BC—Karib'il Watar of Saba' is recorded as having given "gifts" (tribute) to King Sennacherib of Assyria.
- 691 BC—King Sennacherib of Assyria defeats king Humban-nimena of Elam in the Battle of Halule.
- 690 BC—Taharqa, a king of the Twenty-fifth Dynasty, ascends the throne of Egypt (approximate date)
- c. 690 BC-664 BC—Sphinx of Taharqa, from Temple T, Kawa, Nubia, is made. Twenty-fifth dynasty of Egypt. It is now kept at The British Museum, London.
- c. 690 BC—Death of Manava, author of the Indian geometric text of Sulba Sutras.
- 690s BC—W'rn Hywt of D'mt in Ethiopia appears in the inscriptional record and mentions the king of Saba', Karib'il Watar.