From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
Events and trends
- 699 BC—Khallushu succeeds Shuttir-Nakhkhunte as king of the Elamite Empire.
- 697 BC—Birth of Duke Wen of Jin in China.
- 697 BC—Death of Zhou huan wang, the Emperor of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 697 BC—Hezekiah succeeded by Manasseh as king of Judah.
- 696 BC—Zhou zhuang wang becomes the Emperor of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 696 BC—The Cimmerians ravage Phrygia, possible migration of the Armenians.
- 692 BC—Karib'il Watar of Saba' is recorded as having given "gifts" (tribute) to King Sennacherib of Assyria.
- 691 BC—King Sennacherib of Assyria defeats king Humban-nimena of Elam in the Battle of Halule.
- 690 BC—Taharqa, a king of the Twenty-fifth Dynasty, ascends the throne of Egypt (approximate date)
- c. 690 BC-664 BC—Sphinx of Taharqa, from Temple T, Kawa, Nubia, is made. Twenty-fifth dynasty of Egypt. It is now kept at The British Museum, London.
- c. 690 BC—Death of Manava, author of the Indian geometric text of Sulba Sutras.
- 690s BC—W'rn Hywt of D'mt in Ethiopia appears in the inscriptional record and mentions the king of Saba', Karib'il Watar.