8BitMMO is a massively multiplayer game and a free-to-play created by American indie studio Archive Entertainment. It is currently in a public beta-testing stage and has been released on Steam on December 14, 2013 and currently on Early Access. It was created and is actively developed by Robby Zinchak (Sim9). Users are encouraged to build in a shared world and undertake player vs environment and player vs player combat. The game was released on Steam.[when?]
The game is currently playable via web browser. A desktop edition was released on December 13, 2013. It is also available for download on Steam.
- 2013 Seattle Independent Game Competition - Winner
- Indie Prize Showcase, San Francisco - Director's Choice
- "Pixels Upon Pixels - 8BitMMO: Desktop Edition Crowdfunds For Upgrades". Indie Statik. 2013-10-01. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "8BitMMO on Steam Greenlight". Steam. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "8BitMMO now has Music!". Blog.8bitmmo.net. 2014-02-05. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- "Win - Sigc". Washingtoninteractivenetwork.org. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Czarcade's Clobbr takes the top prize at Casual Connect's indie showcase | GamesBeat | Games | by Dean Takahashi". Venturebeat.com. 2013-08-07. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
|This online game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|