A River Somewhere
|A River Somewhere|
|Developed by||Working Dog|
|Directed by||Tom Gleisner
|Presented by||Tom Gleisner
|Opening theme||Liam Bradley|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Santo Cilauro, Tom Gleisner, Michael Hirsh, Jane Kennedy, Rob Sitch|
|Running time||27 minutes|
|Original network||ABC TV|
|First shown in||1997|
A River Somewhere was an Australian documentary television series originally broadcast by ABC TV in 1997 and 1998. It was produced by Working Dog Productions, and was hosted by Tom Gleisner and Rob Sitch. The series was released on DVD in 2005.
The series focused on the observations of Sitch and Gleisner as they travelled to various locations across Australia, New Zealand and around the world to fly fish and experience the local culture. The aim of their expedition was to "catch dinner and have it cooked in a local style".
The music used throughout the series was created by Australian musician and composer Liam Bradley.
Places visited in the series
- Howqua River, Victoria
- Cotswolds, England and Altnaharra, Scotland
- D'Urville River, New Zealand
- Chamberlain River, Western Australia
- Los Roques Archipelago, Venezuela
- Courmayeur, Italy
- Valle D’Aosta, Italy
- Cobungra River, Victoria
- Wyoming, United States of America
- Yarraki (Olive) River, Queensland
- Tongariro River, New Zealand
- Turneffe Islands, Belize
- Calcutta, India and Bhutan
- "A River Somewhere - Series 1 and 2". ABC Shop Online. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 27 December 2010.