|Directed by||Ramesh Varma|
|Written by||Vamsi Komanduru|
|Produced by||Vandana Alekya Jakkam|
|Cinematography||Shyam K. Naidu|
|Edited by||M. S. Rajashekhar Reddy (S. R. Shekhar)|
Bloomingstars Motion Pictures,
Abbayitho Ammayi (transl. The girl with the boy) is a 2016 Indian Telugu-language film directed by Ramesh Varma. The film stars Naga Shourya and Palak Lalwani, with Brahmanandam, Rao Ramesh and Tamil actor Mohan playing supporting roles. The film was released on 1 January 2016 to mixed reviews. This film is the 999th movie of Ilaiyaraaja as a music director.
Abhi is a youth who wants to have fun in life. He is addicted to social networking sites and likes to flirt with girls. During his search, he befriends a simple girl. This is also the time when he falls for Prardhana and becomes close to her. But Abhi is caught in a compromising situation in Prardhana's house. Their families then disown them. Left clueless, Abhi abandons Pradhana. He is then surprised to discover that his online friend is none other than Prardhana. Abhi then toils to regain her love.
Maestro Ilaiyaraaja scored the music, while lyrics were penned by Rehman, Chaitanya Varma and Sirasri.
|Soundtrack album to Abbayitho Ammayi by|
|Released||18 November 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||"Reena Mecareena"||Piyush Kapur||Rehman||4:47|
|3||"Tholi Paruvam"||Satya Prakash, Vibhavari||Rehman||5:47|
|5||"Kanulu Kalanu Piliche"||Haricharan, Chinmayi||Rehman||4:57|
|6||"Okasaari O Vayyari"||Yazin Nizar, Rita, Blaaze||Rehman||3:47|
|7||"Saradale"||M. M. Manasi, Ramya, Rita, Reena Reddy||Chaitanya Varma||4:46|
|8||"Abbayitho Ammayi" (Male)||Piyush Kapur||Sirasri||1:31|
|9||"Abbayitho Ammayi" (Female)||Aparna||Sirasri||1:28|
The Hindu panned Abbayitho Ammayi, describing the leads' virtual relationship as "overdrawn, outdated and melodramatic." They also wrote that "Songs are good but the re-recording and background score leave a lot to be desired." Indiaglitz gave the film a rating of 3/5 stars, calling it as a coming-of-age love story with interesting plot and fair narration, appreciating Ilaiyaraaja' s music and good chemistry of lead pair Naga Shourya and Palak Lalwani. Venkat of Greatandhra gave 2.25/5 stars mentioning that the film is a big bore, except for visual quality and climax portions. He also blamed the silly story, outdated comedy and illogical sequences as the drawback of the film.
- "Abbayitho Ammayi movie overview". filmibeat. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Abbayitho Ammayi is Digitally Inspired". New Indian Express. 21 November 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- "Abbayitho Ammayi movie review round-up: Critics call it a coming-of-age love story". International Business Times. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Abbayitho Ammayi to Release in Tamil RITZ". 10 December 2015. Archived from the original on 12 March 2016.
- "Abbayitho Ammayi was to be Naga Shaurya's debut film?". 29 December 2015.
- "Anchor Lasya excited about release of Abbayitho Ammayi". The Times of India. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Ilayaraja to be chief guest at Abbayi Tho Ammayi audio launch". The Times of India. 18 November 2015. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- CHOWDHARY, Y. SUNITA. "Abbayitho Ammayi: Can audience buy this?". The Hindu. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Abbayitho Ammayi Movie Review - Love, Message and Maestro". Indiaglitz. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "'Abbayitho Ammayi' Review: A Boring Love Story". Great Andhra. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2016.