|IATA: none – ICAO: KGZS – FAA LID: GZS|
|Owner||City of Pulaski & Giles County|
|Elevation AMSL||685 ft / 209 m|
Abernathy Field (ICAO: KGZS, FAA LID: GZS) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Pulaski, a city in Giles County, Tennessee, United States. It is owned by the City of Pulaski and Giles County. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Abernathy Field covers an area of 308 acres (125 ha) at an elevation of 685 feet (209 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,001 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 3, 2009, the airport had 8,200 aircraft operations, an average of 22 per day: 98% general aviation, 1% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 11 aircraft based at this airport: 9 single-engine, 1 multi-engine, and 1 jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for GZS ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 3 June 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 5 (PDF, 1.18 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Abernathy Field (ICAO: KGZS, FAA: GZS)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- Aerial image as of 1 April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- Abernathy Field (GZS) at Tennessee DOT airport directory
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GZS, effective August 20, 2015
- Resources for this airport: