Abigail Keats, photographed 19 December 2009, Johannesburg, South Africa
11 November 1986 |
Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa
|Education||Graduated top of her class SA London International School of fashion (LISOF)|
Abigail Keats is a South African fashion designer.
Abigail Keats attended Dainfern College in her teen years. Later she graduated top of her year from the SA London International School of fashion in 2007 and launched her first collection at Audi Fashion Week 2008 as part of the autumn/winter New Generation Designer show.
Keats has also been invited to showcase in New York City, London and Miami, and has been selected as the "designer of the month" in South African Elle magazine (Elle Magazine, June 2008, Vol 13 No 3, Page 38) and the 'designer to watch' in Cosmopolitan magazine and 'featured designer' in life style magazine Ray.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Keats signature style is best described as a sophisticated contemporary art form that plays with the paradox of masculine tailoring, while exaggerating a feminine figure. The focus throughout all her collections is embedded in exerting the power of a woman while magnifying the beauty and grace of her being and form. Her love for art, self-expression and creation is the inspiration on which all her collections are fashioned.
April 2009, Miss FTV Grand Finale, finalists took to the stage and stunned audiences with elegant and fashionable designs created by well-known designers such as David Tlale, Abigail Keats, Earth Child and Heni.
- "Dainfern Alumnus launches her own Label". Dainferncollege.co.za. 3 June 2013. Archived from the original on 7 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Abigail Keats Spring Summer 2008 Fashion Collection". Wn.com. 2 March 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
-  Archived 7 May 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cosmopolitan Magazine, July 2008, Vol 25 No 5, Page 45
- Ray Magazine, 2009, issue 3, Page 120 - 123
- "Miss FTV Grand Finale". Bizcommunity.com. 21 April 2009. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "200 Young South Africans: Business and Law | News | Mail & Guardian". Mg.co.za. 14 June 2010. Retrieved 8 June 2013.