Abu Hena Mustafa Kamal
|Abu Hena Mustafa Kamal|
|Native name||আবু হেনা মোস্তফা কামাল|
13 March 1936|
Gobinda village, Ullahpara Upazila, Sirajganj District, British India
|Died||September 23, 1989(aged 53)|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka
University of London
|Known for||Academic, writer, poet|
Abu Hena Mustafa Kamal (13 March 1936 – 23 September 1989) was a Bangladeshi songwriter. He was a poet, essayist, critic and presenter. In his early life, he was a singer on East Bengal radio and television. He was a professor of Bengali literature at the University of Dhaka and worked for the government as the Director General of the Bangla Academy from 1986 until his death. He was awarded Ekushey Padak by the Government of Bangladesh in 1987. He published only three collections of poetry before he died of a heart attack in 1989.
Early life and education
Kamal was born in Gobinda village in Ullahpara Upazila, Sirajganj District. In 1959, he passed his MA in Bengali from the University of Dhaka. He received a Commonwealth Scholarship for his PhD on the Bengali Press and Literary Writings, 1818-1831, from the University of London in 1969.
- Rahman, Shamsur (2012-09-24). "স্মৃতির পাতায় প্রিয় শিক্ষক" [The memory of favorite teacher]. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). Dhaka. Retrieved 2015-01-19.
- Amin, Khairul (2012-09-25). "A Poet Extraordinaire: Abu Hena Mustafa Kamal's 23rd death anniversary". Priyo News. Dhaka. Archived from the original on 2014-12-23. Retrieved 2014-12-23.
- "Kamal, Abu Hena Mostafa". banglapedia.org.
- Bangladesher Kabita : Antarango Abolokon, Khondakar Ashraf Hossain, Bangla Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh. First Edition, February, 1994. ISBN 984-07-2960-8
- Bangladesher Kabita Sanket O Dhara, (A Collection of Essays on Appreciation of Poetry) by Shahid Iqbal, First Edition: August 2008, Chinno, 130 shahidullah Kala Bhaban, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- "Biography of Abu Hena Mostafa Kamal". poemhunter.com. Retrieved 2014-12-21.
|This Bangladeshi biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|